Update: Mossburg 535 issue resolved

kaizen leader

I reported I had an issue with my Mossburg 535 not firing shells. It's an 8 year old gun and I haven't shot it other than a few times a year. I kept getting duds I thought were the shells. Then I put the duds in my Winchester 1200 and they fired fine. I contacted Mossburg and they asked me to send it to them. What a hassle trying to send a gun. Academy came to the rescue. They sent it off for me and received it back, NO CHARGE. They get my business. Mossburg replaced the firing pin and spring, cleaned up the gun, and sent it back within a couple days of receipt. I haven't fired it yet but this is what I call customer service which is hard to find nowadays.
Happy trails.

Fatboy99

I had a 835 with same issue
Sent to mossberg and they performed same procedure
After return of gun, had same issue.
Traded that gun regrettably because until then that gun was a turkey killer all day long.
Good luck hope they repaired correctly

Displaced_Vol

I had a 835 with same issue
Sent to mossberg and they performed same procedure
After return of gun, had same issue.
Traded that gun regrettably because until then that gun was a turkey killer all day long.
Good luck hope they repaired correctly
It's been over a year since I fooled with it but in addition to not firing every time it should (sometimes it would, sometimes just click) I seem to remember I could shuck the pump without having to engage the action release. Usually if you shuck a shell up into battery, you shouldn't be able to pump it again without engaging the action release or firing the gun. I dunno it was odd.
I know they're not anything grand but I am definitely attached as it was my grandfathers and I killed my first turkey, and a few there after with it. It's heavy and kicks like a mile but it's made to kill turkeys and I'd like to tote it around every once in a while.

Latest posts