Shotgun issue

downthebrown

Got a franchi I-12 that has a slight issue maybe someone here can help with. When I pull the trigger it shoots fine, but the trigger doesn't always reset completely. I can push it forward a fraction of an inch and it will reset and then fire the next round. I've taken the gun down and cleaned and dried everything I can do with my limited experience. Could it be a spring issue? And it will do it with light field loads all the way up to heavy turkey loads. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Grizzly Johnson

Sounds like it could have crud or powder residue in the trigger assembly.... a good soaking in diesel fuel and then blow it off with an airhose, that might cure it....

DaveB

Okay, it is an inertia trigger, meaning it is reset by the firing of the first barrel.

is it possible when the action is opened it is not being opened all the way? Supposedly, this has to happen or the inertia trigger will not reset.

And could be dirt/grit/weeds. You have access to a sonic cleaner? If so, that will clean a lot of stuff, then blow it dry(do a great job here), oil well, check it out.

Call Franchi. Trigger issues are never good.

downthebrown

Thanks for the replies but I think I found the problem. Bennelli and franchi have an issue on some of the triggers. There is a piece behind the trigger, once it's removed, that is supposed to be rounded. Mine is square. That's what's hanging it up. I'll post pics when I get back in my computer for reference.

Latest posts