Unusual Bobcat Color?

LanceS4803

I get a picture of a bobcat crossing a trail at about 4;30pm just about everyday. Standard gray, muted spots.
But today I got a picture of this guy at a different camera location, but same area of the farm.
Looks more like an ocelot!

LanceS4803

I sent the photos to a TWRA biologist. She said it was just a typical bobcat.
I'm no expert, but it still sure looks unusual to me.

CATCHDAWG

LanceS4803":38ygomrb said:
I sent the photos to a TWRA biologist. She said it was just a typical bobcat.
I'm no expert, but it still sure looks unusual to me.
I remember Bowriter posting a pic of one colored like that years ago. I'm wanting to say it was killed in Mississippi but I'm not sure. It is unusual but probably a common bobcat as far as genetics go. I'd still have steel in the ground trying to catch that critter!

Trapper

I caught a big male a few years ago that looked like that one. I know of a guy in West TN that catches a few each year like that . That's a cool looking cat ,would love to get my hands on another one.I would send it off to get it tanned .

fishboy1

Top photo looks like a normal bobcat. The enlarged photo has so much degeneration of the image it looks like some kind of instagram painter filter was applied.

Strict

fishboy1":1qg6xbb4 said:
Top photo looks like a normal bobcat. The enlarged photo has so much degeneration of the image it looks like some kind of instagram painter filter was applied.

Normal bobcat with normal leaf background in top photo. Psychedelic bobcat and leaves in the blown up image.

MRUTVOL

They are common in some parts of the country not so much here with that spotting. They bring big $$$ on fur market. Collectors will pay 100 s to get them plus cost of mounting. I done one from Idaho that brought 1200.00 dollars on eBay.

MRUTVOL

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 4,987
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 4,987