UA- Ridge Reaper Shell jacket and bib?

Big Tasty

I ordered the UA Ridge Reaper Shell jacket and bib and got them today. After doing a little more research, I believe that they're meant to be a rain suit? I could be wrong. I really like this set, but was really wanting something for early to mid season. Does anyone have any experience with this set?

It may just be that I'm a newbie, but the this UA stuff is REALLY confusing! What would you guys suggest for early/mid season in the UA line? I really like the UA stuff, so I'd like to stick to this brand. (and because i get a REALLY good deal on it) :)

Thanks!

deerhunter10

just read the descriptions or go see it yourself. for early bow season I usually wear either scent blocker suit or just something really light. once it starts getting cooler I start to layer up. I am about to buy some ua pants that I like for when it gets cooler. if you are looking for some insulated stuff also look at the arctic shield. just be open to other brands. ad the ridge reaper is a rain suit or that's what the people I know that have them use them for mainly. but can be used for just normal hunting.

Poleaxe

Kev24rm said:
I ordered the UA Ridge Reaper Shell jacket and bib and got them today. After doing a little more research, I believe that they're meant to be a rain suit? I could be wrong. I really like this set, but was really wanting something for early to mid season. Does anyone have any experience with this set?

It may just be that I'm a newbie, but the this UA stuff is REALLY confusing! What would you guys suggest for early/mid season in the UA line? I really like the UA stuff, so I'd like to stick to this brand. (and because i get a REALLY good deal on it) :)

I actually have the suit. Purchased it last yr before season started. Its unbelievably warm and comfortable. Not just as a mid season garment but late season also. Just add their 3.0 insulated with it and there isn't anyplace u can't sit. Just dont walk in it or youl burn up.

Thanks!

lungpuncher1

The new UA outter wear stuff is mostly made to compete with the sitka and kuiu stuff that the western mountain hunters love. They are made to wear 100% of the time and to add extra layers as the temps drop. you can wear them and be good to go in wind, rain, snow or blue skies. Id keep them and look into buying a good mid layer like merino wool or primaloft.

Latest posts