Tyler Jordan Buck............

Spurhunter

IF he was tracking the deer to recover it and it was wounded, I don't blame him for killing it. To me, putting an animal out of it's suffering is always the right thing to do. BUT, the laughing, the yucking it up, and filming it really puts a bad taste in my mouth. I've had to put wounded animals down - it's never a time to laugh to me.
This^^^^

killingtime 41

Who's to say the first shot was dea
So let me get this straight.. He wounded a deer, tracked it to water, and finished the job, and now yall are crying?? If he didn't find it half of yall would be on here saying he's a poor sportsman for giving up too soon and not following through.. Now, if this wasn't a wounded deer they were tracking, I would obviously get the outrage.. Some on here saying that deer didn't deserve to die like that.. So you're saying that instead of getting finished off like he should've been, the deer deserved to go lay down and suffer and bleed out and get torn apart by coyotes?? And I don't give a dang if its a "celebrity" or joe blow that hasn't left the holler his whole life..
Why are you saying the first shot was Lethal at all. Maybe first shot wasn't lethal. They called in the hounds found it swimming perfectly fine in the water. Didn't want it to get away. Because this bucks would get lots of likes and subscribers. And took the lethal shot when it was swimming. Normal people like us would never have the opportunity on a buck like this in our lives. But the spoiled brat didn't care he just wanted publicity. Just remember when you have no land to hunt anymore you can thank assholes like this for showing animal rights activists what great sports like hunting look like. He didn't eat it the meat was no good. So that's a good sportsman in your mind. Maybe I'm not impressed because I do follow the rules. Some people don't and probably kill more than me. But just for the record I'm not impressed with a kill that's wasn't on even playing field. Do it right and kill one then I'm impressed

mbader5

The moral of the story - be honest in the beginning about the situation. There's sometimes a fine line between right and wrong, but being honest will sometimes come with forgiveness. I have seen this a lot in the industry over the last several years - in some cases much worse than this (assuming it's true). Definitely agree with several of you that public land hunting/youtube is the way to go these days. The big buck film industry served it's purpose 15 years ago...

Ski

IF he was tracking the deer to recover it and it was wounded, I don't blame him for killing it. To me, putting an animal out of it's suffering is always the right thing to do. BUT, the laughing, the yucking it up, and filming it really puts a bad taste in my mouth. I've had to put wounded animals down - it's never a time to laugh to me.

That ^ is exactly my rub. I'll put a suffering animal down every time, legal or not. I don't fault him for doing so. It's the circus act posted for the world to see that I take issue. When I make a bad hit on an animal, it's like a gut punch. I feel angry at myself, guilty, sad, and apologetic to both the animal and God. Last thing going on is hooting it up with my buddies and recording it.

The lies and purposeful deceit don't help. I think worse than the spotlight video is the initial video where they edit everything to look like a successful hunt, and the landowner telling the hunter how proud he is of him on such an accomplishment, wishing his dad were there to see it. If my dad were around to see me being involved in something like that, he'd whip me with a branch. All I can say is those folks are cut from a different cloth than me. I don't understand them and they probably don't understand me.

Bgoodman30

For sure. Some of ya'll living in your glass houses.. To think most of ya'll wouldn't finish off a buck of this caliber on a wounded track if you had the opportunity is laughable. I guess the ethical thing would be to watch him go bed and expire on the muddy banks of the MS river...

Also it is in fact the deer killed by Tyler Jordan he was commenting and defending himself last night on instagram...

Although the optics of it are terrible. He concealed the truth for SM and came out looking like an ass... He should of been forthcoming about how it actually went down.. I wouldn't put all celeb hunters in the box of concealing the bad side of bowhunting I have certainly seen others be fwd about how their shots weren't good and only recovered eaten deer..

Backyard deer, wasted meat, fuzzy antlers on and on.. Heck of a good start in MS.. Just another one of the many reasons why the velvet hunt is a terrible idea and should be thrown out..IMHO.

Ski

Can also put me in the camp of questioning the first shot. I've seen deer survive worse than that. If gut bacteria didn't enter bloodstream, and he hadn't yet bled to death from a cut liver, that buck very well could have survived. Assuming it was at least several hours before they began tracking, you can count out the liver. The deer was too spry for that. And he was swimming quite well, so I'm questioning how badly gut hit he was, if it was in the gut at all. I've gut hit deer before and they don't run & jump into a river to swim around. They don't want to run at all, let alone swim. If that deer was healthy enough to jump into the river and out swim the dog, I'm guessing he had a very plausible chance at surviving. The spotlight shot in the dark was a poaching kill. No two ways about it.

megalomaniac

Who's to say the first shot was dea

Why are you saying the first shot was Lethal at all. Maybe first shot wasn't lethal. They called in the hounds found it swimming perfectly fine in the water. Didn't want it to get away. Because this bucks would get lots of likes and subscribers. And took the lethal shot when it was swimming. Normal people like us would never have the opportunity on a buck like this in our lives. But the spoiled brat didn't care he just wanted publicity. Just remember when you have no land to hunt anymore you can thank assholes like this for showing animal rights activists what great sports like hunting look like. He didn't eat it the meat was no good. So that's a good sportsman in your mind. Maybe I'm not impressed because I do follow the rules. Some people don't and probably kill more than me. But just for the record I'm not impressed with a kill that's wasn't on even playing field. Do it right and kill one then I'm impressed
Watch the originally released video... it was 100% low gut shot, missed point of aim by 18 inches or so, well behind liver. Terrible shot, Tyler admits on video multiple times it was a terrible shot. But that stuff happens. 100% lethal shot, but gonna take the buck 8-18h to die. In the released production video, they go back to the lodge, review the footage, eat supper, then take up the track. And just magically find the buck laying dead in the water like they are the greatest trackers of all time, and leaving the public to assume the deer ran for a few seconds after the shot and expired humanely.

Then the cell phone video comes out revealing they had dogs unintentionally push the wounded deer into the lake trying to escape. Then shoot it in the neck (which was probably not remotely lethal). What we don't see on any video is it probably took another hour of the buck swimming for it's life becoming gradually weaker and finally drowning and die. Just a terrible situation for the deer, but in my opinion the hunters did the best they could with such a horrible initial shot.

Then the icing on the cake.... pics of the buck the next day in the sun all dried out and prettied up and posed. Sun up enough for Tyler to need sunglasses. Perhaps they field dressed the gut shot deer (which will spoil MUCH faster than a chest shot deer), hung him in a walk in cooler all night, then pulled him out of the cooler for the photo ops... but I doubt it.

So my gripe with this whole situation is they completely misrepresented the hunt as a clean/ ethical kill, which could not have been further from the truth- that's often human nature to misrepresent events to make yourself look better. Their recovery, while brutal and bordering on inhumane, was about the best option they had in that situation. But if they didn't care for the meat just for photo ops.... well, to me that is simply unforgivable.

Ski

To think most of ya'll wouldn't finish off a buck of this caliber on a wounded track if you had the opportunity is laughable.

From what I read, nobody has a problem with putting the buck down IF it's suffering and mortally wounded. This buck didn't appear to be. Perhaps he would have eventually succumbed to the wound, perhaps not. He still had a fighting chance, as evident in the video.

Bgoodman30

That ^ is exactly my rub. I'll put a suffering animal down every time, legal or not. I don't fault him for doing so. It's the circus act posted for the world to see that I take issue. When I make a bad hit on an animal, it's like a gut punch. I feel angry at myself, guilty, sad, and apologetic to both the animal and God. Last thing going on is hooting it up with my buddies and recording it.

The lies and purposeful deceit don't help. I think worse than the spotlight video is the initial video where they edit everything to look like a successful hunt, and the landowner telling the hunter how proud he is of him on such an accomplishment, wishing his dad were there to see it. If my dad were around to see me being involved in something like that, he'd whip me with a branch. All I can say is those folks are cut from a different cloth than me. I don't understand them and they probably don't understand me.

Just shows the attitude of this hunt... Its not about the deer just the fuzzy head gear..

Bgoodman30

From what I read, nobody has a problem with putting the buck down IF it's suffering and mortally wounded. This buck didn't appear to be. Perhaps he would have eventually succumbed to the wound, perhaps not. He still had a fighting chance, as evident in the video.

I try not to assume.

Ski

Watch the originally released video... it was 100% low gut shot, missed point of aim by 18 inches or so, well behind liver. Terrible shot, Tyler admits on video multiple times it was a terrible shot. But that stuff happens. 100% lethal shot, but gonna take the buck 8-18h to die. In the released production video, they go back to the lodge, review the footage, eat supper, then take up the track. And just magically find the buck laying dead in the water like they are the greatest trackers of all time, and leaving the public to assume the deer ran for a few seconds after the shot and expired humanely.

Then the cell phone video comes out revealing they had dogs unintentionally push the wounded deer into the lake trying to escape. Then shoot it in the neck (which was probably not remotely lethal). What we don't see on any video is it probably took another hour of the buck swimming for it's life becoming gradually weaker and finally drowning and die. Just a terrible situation for the deer, but in my opinion the hunters did the best they could with such a horrible initial shot.

Then the icing on the cake.... pics of the buck the next day in the sun all dried out and prettied up and posed. Sun up enough for Tyler to need sunglasses. Perhaps they field dressed the gut shot deer (which will spoil MUCH faster than a chest shot deer), hung him in a walk in cooler all night, then pulled him out of the cooler for the photo ops... but I doubt it.

So my gripe with this whole situation is they completely misrepresented the hunt as a clean/ ethical kill, which could not have been further from the truth- that's often human nature to misrepresent events to make yourself look better. Their recovery, while brutal and bordering on inhumane, was about the best option they had in that situation. But if they didn't care for the meat just for photo ops.... well, to me that is simply unforgivable.

I agree on most points 100%. Where I disagree is that I'm not convinced it was gut hit. The deer was sprawled way out, stretching his body when the arrow hit. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. No way to tell without being there when it's gutted. The other disagreement I have is that they did the best they could. They didn't. Any seasoned hunter knows that if guts are even remotely possible, wait at least 8-12hrs, generally overnight on an evening hit deer. They went after that deer way too fast, which to me seems like a bad rookie mistake. It was bad decision following bad decision and before they knew it they were in it deep. Was there not one experienced hunter in the party to suggest waiting until morning?

As for the deer drowning, I was hoping it wasn't the case. That would be horrendous. I figured they probably pumped more arrows into it. We'll probably never know.

Tom Collins

Why on earth were they pushing the deer on such a terrible hit? Especially with footage that shows the exact placement. That deer needed all night to die, and at first light bring in the dogs and if you have to plug it in the water at that point, so be it. Shooting any animal at night regardless of situation is pathetic

BigAl

Has a link to the initial shot been posted here? I am missing it if it has. If not can someone post it here please.

Latest posts