Tyler Jordan Buck............

redblood

I don't want a deer to suffer and if this deer was mortally wounded with a good chance of running off into the abyss then I'll be the first to admit that sometimes "the right thing to do" doesn't always fall in line with the law.

But only a douchecanoe would publish a video of it like nothing happened. This hunt should have never been made public.
And i am not huge fan ot the laughing and joyous exuberance they are displaying - even though they obviously failed to do their job. No way for a Noble animal to draw its last breathe

deerhunter10

And i am not huge fan ot the laughing and joyous exuberance they are displaying - even though they obviously failed to do their job. No way for a Noble animal to draw its last breathe
This can't stand the laughing and all of that. I to am very interested in how this video all of a sudden came to light. I would assume that mississippi game wardens are going to have some serious questions.

backyardtndeer

I don't want a deer to suffer and if this deer was mortally wounded with a good chance of running off into the abyss then I'll be the first to admit that sometimes "the right thing to do" doesn't always fall in line with the law.

But only a douchecanoe would publish a video of it like nothing happened. This hunt should have never been made public.
And go on to say great shot with what appeared to be a neck shot into the water. Nothing about the shot was great our good.

Just an assumption on my part, but would guess Tyler Jordan probably hung around waddell too much when instead he should have been hanging around with David Blanton.

redblood

And go on to say great shot with what appeared to be a neck shot into the water. Nothing about the shot was great our good.

Just an assumption on my part, but would guess Tyler Jordan probably hung around waddell too much when instead he should have been hanging around with David Blanton.
Agreed. Blanton seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. I have no interest in watching any hunting unless they are hinting public land- hunting a spot that anyone could hunt

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dunno who shot what or where but in the state of TN if you wound a deer and go after it at night there is basically no "legal" way to kill it.
No, not a knife either.

Key thing is to NOT have a video camera going when you do find it and kill it.

AT Hiker

Dunno who shot what or where but in the state of TN if you wound a deer and go after it at night there is basically no "legal" way to kill it.
No, not a knife either.

Key thing is to NOT have a video camera going when you do find it and kill it.
Not only should you leave the camera at home but leave the ego at home as well. That was a blotched hunt yet they portrayed it as if they had accomplished something ethical and great.
Fake as Dolly Parton.

Tennessee280

So let me get this straight.. He wounded a deer, tracked it to water, and finished the job, and now yall are crying?? If he didn't find it half of yall would be on here saying he's a poor sportsman for giving up too soon and not following through.. Now, if this wasn't a wounded deer they were tracking, I would obviously get the outrage.. Some on here saying that deer didn't deserve to die like that.. So you're saying that instead of getting finished off like he should've been, the deer deserved to go lay down and suffer and bleed out and get torn apart by coyotes?? And I don't give a dang if its a "celebrity" or joe blow that hasn't left the holler his whole life..

rem270

I watched the video briefly yesterday and did more important things than look again to form my opinion on the internet. I watched it again this morning and seen where the arrow was shot in the neck. All I know is if I'm tracking a wounded deer at night and find it I'm not waiting until the next morning to finish it off. Hard to tell with it swimming through water if he was hit lethally enough already to die or not but to have a video of doing something like that is the dumbest thing you can ever do. Especially if you're some kind of tv hunting hero like he is.

IF that deer was wounded enough he was going to die a slow, painful death I wouldn't give him no grief in finishing it off the quickest way possible. But to have video like that and to cover it up like some of yall are saying he did makes him more of a POS than finishing what he started even if it was at night.

woodsman04

I suspect they didn't go spotlighting deer in the bayous and creeks in MS looking for a deer. I bet Tyler made a bad shot (happens to us all sooner or later... myself included) legally.during hunting hours. In MS, tracking wounded deer with dogs is as much a sport as hunting itself... so the dogs were called in to track. When they got to the deer, it was still alive, then the dogs pushed into the water. It's not legal to shoot the deer at night, but I darn sure wouldn't want my wounded buck to get away... 3 choices... shoot it again at night (illegal). Back off and put the dogs back on it again in the morning, hoping it had died... or #3... call in a 'catch' dog to run the deer down, snap all 4 of its legs, and keep at bayed until Tyler could finish it off with a knife.

Too bad they didn't have a catch dog.
I like this. Me personally if I've got a wounded deer and have a chance to finish it I'm finishing it the best way I can, illegal or not.

woodsman04

So let me get this straight.. He wounded a deer, tracked it to water, and finished the job, and now yall are crying?? If he didn't find it half of yall would be on here saying he's a poor sportsman for giving up too soon and not following through.. Now, if this wasn't a wounded deer they were tracking, I would obviously get the outrage.. Some on here saying that deer didn't deserve to die like that.. So you're saying that instead of getting finished off like he should've been, the deer deserved to go lay down and suffer and bleed out and get torn apart by coyotes?? And I don't give a dang if its a "celebrity" or joe blow that hasn't left the holler his whole life..
Absolutely.

Legal or not, finish it off it is mortally wounded.

I have no idea what the guy did. If they are dog hunting swamps at night then no I don't think that is right.

But sometimes just because it's legal or not doesn't make it right or wrong.

mike243

Sounds like they employed a hound to track it , reckon you can't chase it 1 way a tracking dog is needed in some cases, so spurhunter looks like it was ran down and finished off lol

FLTENNHUNTER1

I suspect they didn't go spotlighting deer in the bayous and creeks in MS looking for a deer. I bet Tyler made a bad shot (happens to us all sooner or later... myself included) legally.during hunting hours. In MS, tracking wounded deer with dogs is as much a sport as hunting itself... so the dogs were called in to track. When they got to the deer, it was still alive, then the dogs pushed into the water. It's not legal to shoot the deer at night, but I darn sure wouldn't want my wounded buck to get away... 3 choices... shoot it again at night (illegal). Back off and put the dogs back on it again in the morning, hoping it had died... or #3... call in a 'catch' dog to run the deer down, snap all 4 of its legs, and keep at bayed until Tyler could finish it off with a knife.

Too bad they didn't have a catch dog.
In my opinion, using dogs to hunt big game should be illegal. If you can't kill a deer or hog without one you should find a different sport. Torturing animals for fun is inhumane.

DMD

IF he was tracking the deer to recover it and it was wounded, I don't blame him for killing it. To me, putting an animal out of it's suffering is always the right thing to do. BUT, the laughing, the yucking it up, and filming it really puts a bad taste in my mouth. I've had to put wounded animals down - it's never a time to laugh to me.