Twra duck hunting change survey

Hduke86

D31435EC-BC9A-4333-8E44-A11A3B320FEF.jpeg
Who else got one? It was just sent to my email. The funny thing about these surveys are that they are just apparently sent out with ZERO consideration to who they are going to. That may have something to do with the CHANGES they did already cause I find it hilarious this survey was sent to my 10 yr old that doesn't even duck hunt but I have yet to receive one. Lol great work on your targeted audience

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Glad you posted about this, I had deleted the email, thinking it was another reminder to fill out my survey from my January Tier 2 hunt.

Everybody that hunts private will think it's a great idea to rest public ground as much as possible lol.
I hunt public, and I think it's a good idea to give the birds a rest, especially no more birds than we have had the last few years. It might help keep them from getting as stale. And to be fair, I read it as only resting the WMA lands, but if you hunt other public ground, such as Ky Lake, that may still be open to be hunted.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Monday-Wednesday rest across most quota blind WMAs would drastically improve the hunting, in my opinion. I said I was in favor of it.

The agency had DOB info on file corresponding to each ID #. They easily could have excluded minors. But those observations can be purged after the fact. It would simply lower the effective sample (which is already low due to non-response).

I gave "no preference" on youth/veterans hunts, and whether Reelfoot coincides with the statewide season.

Hduke86

I don't mind the survey at all but my problem is WHY randomly send out a survey to a smaller group. If they have the capability to email anyone with a license that has a email on file with them. Logic says if you survey more people that your results will have what the majority is asking for. I would understand if this survey were talking about season limits, habitat, or species but this is not a survey for a biological standpoint. It's from a standpoint of what the Tennessee hunter would prefer in regards to blinds, draws, and rest days pretty much.