Turkey vest

catchem3434

Looking into getting a new vest. Has anyone tried this Alps vest?!? Rogers has a sale on them right now. Any other recommendations that are not thru the roof pricing. Thanks!

780adde84063a3e2ae79cf38a80ecb34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REN

the new 2017 versions of the alps vest seem to be better the previous models. they redid them to fix some of the things people hated on the previous ones. I cant comment on that specific one but I own both the Cabelas kicks stand and the Alps kickstand and I like both equally. Each one has something I dont like on it or something that could be better but overall they are without question the best vests out there for what Im looking for.

catchem3434

Setterman":2afjfamu said:
Alps are heavy and hot, they also don't hold up well.

I love my cabelas tactical tater 2, best vest I've used hands down

Thanks!

catchem3434

REN":102niqaj said:
the new 2017 versions of the alps vest seem to be better the previous models. they redid them to fix some of the things people hated on the previous ones. I cant comment on that specific one but I own both the Cabelas kicks stand and the Alps kickstand and I like both equally. Each one has something I dont like on it or something that could be better but overall they are without question the best vests out there for what Im looking for.

Thanks! Will look into those!

String Music

I tried it on at the convention and it seemed to be solidly constructed. I'm not a big fan of the full vests as they get hot later in the season.

TheAirMan

I can't speak about the alps as I have never seen one in person much less used one. I'm not a fan of full vest either, for the same reason mentioned above. I got a Cabela's tactical tatr kickstand last year and love it. It's the best vest I've used. For a more economical choice, I would recommend the RedHead Striker. That's what I used for probably well over 10 years before last year.

timberghost35

I just bought one of the new Primos Gobbler Vest 2.0 that just came out. Its actually sitting on my door step as we speak. I have had the reg gobbler vest in bottomland for about 10 yrs now when they did a limited run through Bass Pro. I love the older one and have high expectations for the new one... Oh, and they have it in Greenleaf which is always a plus....

Gravey

Setterman":14qw1w7g said:
prstide":14qw1w7g said:
Gravey":14qw1w7g said:
Another vote for the tactical gayer with kickstand. TnReb had one for sale you might check out.

Strange.....Extra kickstand leg to sit on or something?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: That's what happens when auto correct on your phone changes the spelling although TnReb's might have a little gayness to it. :eek: :roll: At least y'all got some laughs out of it. :rotf:

Poleaxe

I wouldn't trade my cabelas tac tat r for any of em. Mine doesn't have a kickstand cause I figured they're was a weight limit on those poles and I might exceed them. Ain't got to worry about their vests not lasting either.

TreyB

REN":2xvurn14 said:
the tactical gayer was a special edition run that had more pink in it as well as some bedazzling. Gravey paid extra for the vibrating kickstand frame feature.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

REN

Gravey":2m6m76yx said:
REN":2m6m76yx said:
the tactical gayer was a special edition run that had more pink in it as well as some bedazzling. Gravey paid extra for the vibrating kickstand frame feature.
You might be onto something with that vibrating kickstand idea. a back massage while waiting on ole Tom is a good thought. :tu:

so you are calling it a "back massage"......im not judging bro lol

Gravey

REN":caagv4j7 said:
Gravey":caagv4j7 said:
REN":caagv4j7 said:
You might be onto something with that vibrating kickstand idea. a back massage while waiting on ole Tom is a good thought. :tu:

so you are calling it a "back massage"......im not judging bro lol
I figured that's why TnReb was selling his because y'all had each other to do that. :poke:

Latest posts