Turkey Vest

eweisner

Stopped by Bass Pro last night. Put the HS Strut and a RedHead Turkey Lounger side by side. For an extra $20.00 I think I would be happier with a vest that has back support. I was hesitant about the seat but I could always pick get a Walmart special hunters seat cushion for $3.00 and carry it in the pouch. So it looks like a slight change in plans. Did get the HS Strut pack of calls I was talking about though

Gravey

Stopped by Bass Pro again Friday afternoon and looked at them again and couldn't make my mind up. The one I have now has straps so it's not hot. I tried the Russel on and it didn't feel right for some reason. I then put the Redhead Turkey Lounger on and liked it but wasn't sure about the seat part but could always put a pad in the back and use as needed. When I left I didn't have either. Over in the camping dept. they had a seat that was like the internal frame part on the Turkey Lounger for $20 if you could figure out how to rig it to a vest without one.

Hunt 365

I bought an Ol' Tom for the first time this year. Been using the HS Strut for years, and it still works fine, but no sit anywhere sat on either

eweisner

Gravey when I read your post I did a double take. It read so much like mine I thought it was. I was there Friday night about 8:00 PM. I was the big ugly one with the black sweat shirt, slight limp, and the camo Gander Mtn cap

Grizzly Johnson

I bought one to try this spring..... so far it looks pretty good.... the best feature I like is the magnetic closures.... no more trying to reach the buckles for the seat or snapping the outside pocket flaps..... seat looks nice and thick too.... and plenty or room in the gamebag to carry a decoy or two.

Gravey

Thanks Griz & Poser...I looked at them at Bass Pro and they were $59 I think and I stopped in Walmart this morning and noticed they had them and they were $40. I picked one up because I liked the features especially the magnetic seat release and the gun holder & figured I could return it if it wasn't what I thought when I saw it this morning. I tried the M/L and XL/2XL and ended up buying the bigger one but after messing with it I may have to get the smaller one. Don't like them tight but it may be too big in the waist. It's ok up top.

eweisner

I was going to ask if anyone knew if there were any differences between the one at Walmart and the one at Bass Pro, or if Bass Pro was $19.99 prouder of theirs than Wal Mart?

I was weighing the water bottle holder as an optional deal breaker but didn't realize it had a stock loop as well. Isn't it crazy some of the things we take into consideration when buying our hunting gear?

Gravey

eweisner said:
I was going to ask if anyone knew if there were any differences between the one at Walmart and the one at Bass Pro, or if Bass Pro was $19.99 prouder of theirs than Wal Mart?

I was weighing the water bottle holder as an optional deal breaker but didn't realize it had a stock loop as well. Isn't it crazy some of the things we take into consideration when buying our hunting gear?
I couldn't tell any difference and don't believe there is. BP just a little prouder. It was on wingsupply.com for $40 too but you have to pay shipping.

Latest posts