Turkey BBQ?

megalomaniac

Any of you guys tried this? Crockpot filled with 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 breasts covered in dry chicken rub. Chicken bullion to mostly cover the meat. 18h, then shred the meat, remove 3/4 of the liquid, then add some sweet baby rays sauce and slow cook another 2 -3 h.

Just unreal BBQ that is low fat and crazy easy to make. I freeze in quart ziplock bags the finished BBQ to thaw out and eat on weeks later as well since it makes so much.
3467165fd4dcd07bc09dca05751db16c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

Looks delicious!
That's how I cook the legs, wings and thighs but I've never put the breast in.

Did the breast dry out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megalomaniac

Not dry at all. Save a bit of the liquid to mix in with the BBQ sauce and its wonderful. I like it because its so darn easy. 5 min to rinse and put in crockpot, another 10 min to shred the meat and pull the spindles out of the legs and add bbq sauce.

Levee Jumper

That's how I eat the legs. I've eaten a BBQ turkey leg sandwich about 3-4 days a week for lunch since turkey season has started.

Bgoodman30

megalomaniac":1ve4vczi said:
Any of you guys tried this? Crockpot filled with 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 breasts covered in dry chicken rub. Chicken bullion to mostly cover the meat. 18h, then shred the meat, remove 3/4 of the liquid, then add some sweet baby rays sauce and slow cook another 2 -3 h.

Just unreal BBQ that is low fat and crazy easy to make. I freeze in quart ziplock bags the finished BBQ to thaw out and eat on weeks later as well since it makes so much.
3467165fd4dcd07bc09dca05751db16c.jpg

Yep I do the same for the legs and shred for BBQ sammies. I don't know if I could do this to a perfectly good turkey breast though!

Latest posts