TULA primers...

DaveB

Back when there was no such thing as Small Rifle Primers I picked up 2,000 TULA SR primers.

Things I have noticed:
(1) In my RCBS auto primer, they fly out instead of depositing themselves in the cup.
(2) When using a Lee round or square hand primer many of the primers do not want to peacefully set. You have to exert pressure and you can feel something is not right.
(3) Out of 50 shot rounds we had 3 dead primers.

And so, I have a a bunch-over 1500-of TULA SR primers I will give to the first person what shows up on my front doorstep, PM first to avoid S&W welcoming committee.

There is no rush because I won't trash them. You get to Memphis, we'll set something up.

Only cost will be your word you won't leave them in my mailbox....

mr.big

if it wasnt like 12 hours round tripe I would take them,,,it takes pressure to seat them and you have to really seat them hard to get 100% iginition,but they are really tough and will take some really high pressure loads and ES are really good and accuracy is really good,,,but you have to seat them hard,,

vixty

They're very hard primers. It would be best to use a press and give an extra push to seat them.

DaveB

Thanks for the heads up Mr. B. Since I already offered I won't retract, show up you get the primers.

BTW, the RCBS auto prime is pretty stout. The primers did take a LOT of pressure and twice I pulled the brass and swaged the pocket with no net change in effort.

mr.big

they are really good for brass with primer pockets that have been abused also,,

I doubt I will be that far west in a while,,if somebody closer wants them thats fine or just keep them,,,they are good primers after you figure out how to seat them,,

Latest posts