trophy rock in a bag

Rockhound

Just in case some of y'all didn't know I thought I would post, this is Redmond's mineral salt, it is the exact same thing as trophy rock except it is ground up pretty fine . Mined by the same company in the same place. And the best part about it is the $10/50# price.

IMG_20130320_074843_801_zps36bea331.jpg

woodsman87

If some people would just read the ingredients on these things, and food plot seed bags as well, they would save lots of money. I never buy the bagged up food plot seed, I just go and buy the individual seeds itself from the co-op and stuff, it is the same thing and it is cheaper. Some of these blends are blends, but it is like 98% wheat and oats, and just a little bit of everything else.
Minerals are blocks and such are no different. Same way with chemicals. Always buy generic round-up

Rockhound

woodsman87 said:
If some people would just read the ingredients on these things, and food plot seed bags as well, they would save lots of money. I never buy the bagged up food plot seed, I just go and buy the individual seeds itself from the co-op and stuff, it is the same thing and it is cheaper. Some of these blends are blends, but it is like 98% wheat and oats, and just a little bit of everything else.
Minerals are blocks and such are no different. Same way with chemicals. Always buy generic round-up

I do the exact same

Andy S.

Yep, Redmond Inc. is the parent company of TR as well as Redmond Natural. I have seen these bags for sale at my local Tractor Supply in the past, but have also shopped at several Co-ops in my area that did not stock it.

BlountArrow

Football Hunter said:
Something dont sound right.It cost less if they grind it and bag it?

I don't know, I could see how it might be cheaper not having to worry about cutting chunks of salt that are all remotely of the same weight. I assume Trophy Rocks are remotely the same weight even though the size/shape varies.

Rockhound

Football Hunter said:

This is what ALOT of people do not realize, the price difference is and only is based on the animal that is pictured on the front of the package.

Same with food plot mix, biologic is $20+ for 10 pounds but you can make a 50 # bag of the same exact thing for $20. All because the biologic has a big deer pictured on it...

wlf89

Rockhound said:
Football Hunter said:

This is what ALOT of people do not realize, the price difference is and only is based on the animal that is pictured on the front of the package.

Same with food plot mix, biologic is $20+ for 10 pounds but you can make a 50 # bag of the same exact thing for $20. All because the biologic has a big deer pictured on it...
exactly

Rockhound

BlountArrow said:
Football Hunter said:

I don't know, I could see how it might be cheaper not having to worry about cutting chunks of salt that are all remotely of the same weight. I assume Trophy Rocks are remotely the same weight even though the size/shape varies.

I'm assuming they blow the salt with an explosion of some sort with all that can be packaged as TR going for that and everything else going to the cattle industry

woodsman87

Yep, people pay for the name "Trophy Rock" because it has a big buck on it and because Lee and Tiffany use them or Micheal Waddell says it makes em grow "mossy daddy swampy horns"

People pay for the name biologic because it has a big buck on it and on tv they see everybody using them shooting big bucks.

Just like Rockhound said, you can go to co-op and buy all the individual seeds you want, which is the same thing as biologic.

People need to read the labels on the package to see the contents on the inside of it instead of looking at pictures and doing what Micheal Waddell says.

SALTMAN

Rockhound , you have part of it correct, woodsman87 not so .
I don't know a lot about seed , but I do plant a lot. Take for instance eagle beans vs your run of the mill cheap ones at the coop. Eagle grows head high, ever see a regular ol bean do that . It produces much more tonnage per acre with much more nutrition.
Now I do know a lot about salt and minerals. You are correct about the Redmond number 10 fine. it does come from the same mine, so does road salt and table salt (realsalt). The number 10 is used primarily for agricultural purposes, mixed with feed or fed in an enclosed environment ie barrel or feeder.
If you put it on the ground it leeches into the dirt with each rain , getting further from the surface with each rain. Thats why you see deer digging the holes ! trying to get what little salt/minerals there is left ( and eating more dirt each time ). They are getting less benefit of the minerals each time also. The Trophyrock chunks last much longer and the deer licking on them get much more benefit of the 65 plus minerals with each visit.
picture yourself with a spoon of sugar, tastes good by itself, tastes good on your cereal, plus you are getting the benefit, ( if there is a benefit to sugar ), now dump it on the ground, pour some water on it, ie rain , then get you a spoonful, not only does it taste bad but you are getting less sugar !Next rain you get even less benefit, But you are digging a big hole that really looks good !
Now TR has a new ground product that sells somewhere between the number 10 and a TR (per pound ) It consists of small particles up to about marble size. It will dissolve faster than the TR but will last longer than the fine number 10 .It was brought out due to hunters request for it so they can mix their own mineral site. its good, cheaper but not the same as a TR chunk.
BTW , Lee , Tiff nor Michael are in any way paid or affiliated with TR. I know that for a fact, If they tell you its good its because they have tried it themselves . Didn't want this to sound like a commercial just to clarify.

Latest posts