Tried out a new chair - opening day rifle.

TNhunter

ENO lounger hammock chair. This thing is simply AWESOME. Not the most convenient for hunting the exact spot you want since you need an overhanging limb (or some kind of bracket to mount to a tree trunk). I saw 10 deer this morning in this spot. Had 5 within 20 yards of me coming in from all different directions. The chair makes it easy to spin around to get setup for something coming in from behind you.

hammockchair1.jpg

hammockchair2.jpg

hammockchair3.jpg

Hunter 257W

Definitely looks comfortable but I'd think you are sitting too far back to shoot accurately. I don't feel like I can use any chair that doesn't have a solid bottom for that reason. I need to be leaned well forward to shoot my best. Have you tried shooting from it yet? If I could shoot good enough from it, I'd love to have one simply because a comfortable hunter is a still hunter and fewer deer see you.

chiggerbit

TNhunter said:
Haven't shot out of it yet. And the one day I used it I would actually slide up to the edge of the seat when I heard something coming.

You mean you would WAKE UP when you heard something coming. lol

Crosshairy

Neat idea, but I'd have to buy that bracket thumb or I'd spend 45 minutes trying to find a limb to hold me up. I'd also be worried about the limb I was hanging on swaying or even breaking.

Looks super comfy though. In the right spot, i bet it's really nice.

Latest posts