Trapping 2020

Trapper

A few from yesterday
6ED6A194-5DC4-4335-B1C6-5917A2937C1C.jpeg

Last edited:

jman 125

Gorgeous animals!! When did you get all those?!
We been at it for about 2 1/2 weeks now
It will only get better. We have in total about 31 sets in the ground and it averages about 1 to 4 catches every other night. The one thing we have really noticed is we do alot better on a warm up after a cold spell than any other time

jman 125

I'm glad someone is catching a few. We've had traps out a week. Only caught a cat and yote. It's been slow with traps frozen and snow covered. Hope the line produces today. I like the feeling of having a package under the Christmas tree!!!!
It seems to be on a 5 day cycle. I think we are only catching transients due to the fact all are males but we did miss a bobcat on that set the night before because the trap was frozen and didnt fire. Finally starting to catch a few coons so that is a plus had one this morning at the house before I left for work so the day started off great. Best of luck to e everyone and remember to post up pics

Farm manager

It seems to be on a 5 day cycle. I think we are only catching transients due to the fact all are males but we did miss a bobcat on that set the night before because the trap was frozen and didnt fire. Finally starting to catch a few coons so that is a plus had one this morning at the house before I left for work so the day started off great. Best of luck to e everyone and remember to post up pics
One season in the past it seems like the catches, if any, would be spotty until Thursday and the catch was almost always the best of the week every Thursday. Kinda strange how that cycle was that year regardless of the weather.

jman 125

One season in the past it seems like the catches, if any, would be spotty until Thursday and the catch was almost always the best of the week every Thursday. Kinda strange how that cycle was that year regardless of the weather.
Yeah we are starting to slow down on this farm. Pretty sure we got all the otters caught. We finally had a female coyote caught Wednesday. Still setting for beavers. Good thing is we are going to set the farm next door and get back on them hard. I am looking forward to this warm up coming because we always have better runs on the first few days of the warm up. Good luck and tight chains to all that are after them.

Speedwell-Hunter

View attachment 127413another cat today quit possibly the biggest cat we ha e caught. Set the adjoining farm this evening should have a good run tomorrow as they were raising Cain when we were leaving 😀
Best of luck to everyone
Man i wish i could go with ya so you could show me how its done, i checked my cat trap today, pan tension too HIGH, why, the polyfill and dirt wouldnt prevent it from firing! should I go the pan cover route?

Latest posts