Tractor and implement advice needed.

Coach B

Need a 5-7 foot HD bush hog.
Want a HD disk.
Want a 4WD 35-55hp tractor with a FEL.

Currently have a dead 6 foot bush hog, a disk with only the rear gang left, and an old International tractor which I believe to be on life support.
Will be bush hogging approx 20 acres with a good bit of it steep, rocky, and rough. Also working two gardens and approx 5 acres of food plots which are also rough and rocky in places. Any advice?

Gravey

Check out the Kubota Grand L series. I have the L3130 (32-hp) and like it a lot. Mine is 2wd and I use a 6-foot mower and 5-foot bush hog. I'd like to have a FEL but didn't need to spend the money when I bought it in 2005. Just now have 130-something hours on it. So far, so good.

I've noticed some of the smaller tractors like mine are dang near as expensive as a larger one. For instance, John Deere has one (5203 I think) that is a 50-something horse for around $15,000. That's a 2wd price and just basically a bare bones tractor. I just didn't need one that big as I'm only taking care of 5 acres at my house.

Have fun searching. It's a lot of fun looking at new toys.

Tater

With it being steep and rocky and wanting to pull a HD bushhog I would look for a small AG tractor instead of a compact. I bought a Kubota 5700 last year and I'm liking it a lot. I Traded in a NH TC35. while I do miss having the small tractor at times, the kubota doesnt seem to take as much out of me. I ran a the same size bushhog behind both tractors on the same field and felt much better afterwards on the bota.

When I break down and buy another bushhog I'm going to look at one of these http://www.kodiakmfg.com/products/cutters.html they seem to be priced right are made in TN and I've heard good things about them.

Gravey

Tater...Not to hijack his thread but that's the bushhog I have. A 5' standard duty Kodiak. I bought it at Ed Smith Equipment in Murfreesboro and had them add a slip clutch to it. Not sure where you can get them now as he died and the business is now gone.

Terry Cunningham

Coach,

We just bought a Minhindra tractor new for 17,000. this was much cheaper than other tractors. It has hydrastatic forward and reverse. It is nice. We own two massy ferguson tractors that we paid much more for. We paid 9000.00 for a 52 hp massy ferguson 35 years ago that we still use, and 17000 for a 55 hp Minhindra about three months ago. A camparable John Deer is much more.

156p&y

We use Kubota also, great tractors. We've gone through Belarus, John Deere (of course the best), Ford (thing was broke more than it worked and had low hours), and now use only Kubota. I think they are by far the best for the money. We haven't had one problem except our zero turn mower busted a hydro line but that's it out of 3 Kubota tractors we're running.