Tough hunt

redblood

Went to a different block of hardwood creekbottoms that i took 2 limits from last yr. had a tough, tough hunt. beautiful weather but the action was slow. virtually no traveling or barking. very lethargic squirrels. ended up bringing 7 squirrels home and was very lucky to have that many. I went 8 for 9 on shots, but left squirrel 7 in the tree. virtually all were cutting oaks, which was part of the problem. saw about 50 turkeys and a mature buck, only deer i saw. i average a squirrel sighting every 25 minutes, which is terrible. saw 10 squirrels all morning. i will be heading to southern side of the county in the morning.

7squirrel001.jpg

Plateau Hunter

That was a good hunt Redblood!! If I can average 1.5 or less shots per squirrel I am pleased. For me that is tough to do on a long term basis as a lot of times I get 3-5 straight and then get some misses thrown in. The coming together of all aspects of shooting/hunting skills is what makes squirrel hunting with a .22 so enjoyable for me. A whitetail or coyote looks huge after hunting squirrels with a .22. PH