Top 4?

Jbird22

FSU is gonna to go head to head with Georgia. Book it. They are going to get manhandled. Destroyed and defeated in such a humiliating fashion it will put all this foolishness to rest forever and a day.
Well if they don't, will you be back to eat your crow? I won't hold my breath...

iowavf

Exactly. No other team in College football has ever had a dynasty like Alabama. 8 out of 10 appearances in the Playoff including multiple NC's. Yesterday they were good enough to knock the 2-time NC and win the SEC and appropriately got the nod.

If another team wants the pedigree of Alabama they have to do it over time on the field. Good luck.no
Exactly. No other team in College football has ever had a dynasty like Alabama. 8 out of 10 appearances in the Playoff including multiple NC's. Yesterday they were good enough to knock the 2-time NC and win the SEC and appropriately got the nod.

If another team wants the pedigree of Alabama they have to do it over time on the field. Good luck.
So teams are rated from what they've done in the past versus real time? That makes sense now. I guess this is what college football has become to get the favorites with the money in.

JBell

It's all about to play out. If your favorite team is in it, good luck to them and I hope to see some good games. If they are not….. maybe next year is your year.

iowavf

Or maybe because they're better? Honestly argue that fsu would beat bama….. they gonna get their shot at Georgia. And I think they are gonna get destroyed
I think we see another example that rankings really don't matter when certain teams are involved?

iowavf

No offense, but what I'm reading about how Alabama deserved to get in, the same logic in reverse will show up when Michigan or Ohio State gets ranked high next season and they get picked apart on this website!

JBell

Trust me, I'd argue that fsu doesn't deserve #5 either. I just don't think they are that good.

Gravey

If another team wants the pedigree of Alabama they have to do it over time on the field. Good luck.
You and I both know that's garbage. What a team did last year or ten years ago should have no bearing on this year but as you pointed out it absolutely did. It's no secret I hate Alabama with a passion and don't think they deserved a spot but even said in another thread they're playing as well as anybody right now and have just as good a shot as anybody to win it all. My problem is with the way the current 4-team system goes they shouldn't be there and FSU should. No sleep lost by me but they got hosed.

Bamamonts

You and I both know that's garbage. What a team did last year or ten years ago should have no bearing on this year but as you pointed out it absolutely did. It's no secret I hate Alabama with a passion and don't think they deserved a spot but even said in another thread they're playing as well as anybody right now and have just as good a shot as anybody to win it all. My problem is with the way the current 4-team system goes they shouldn't be there and FSU should. No sleep lost by me but they got hosed.
It sucks for FSU. I feel for them but they are not a top 4 team. It sucks their qb got hurt. If he was healthy they'd be in. Even with the second string qb they looked bad. I know that game with Florida they got Florida's best but they looked bad. Bama looked bad against Auburn but turned it around against Georgia.
I think what Bama has done this year is why they got in.
I think FSU is probably the most deserving team but not the best team.
This year there are several teams that are really good and could win it all if they were in the playoffs. Georgia and Ohio St both have really good teams.

The Hill

If Georgia wins last night, does Texas still jump Florida State? Or do they roll with 4 undefeated conference champions? They could not let Alabama in without letting Texas in?

Never mind, seems they can do anything they want. 😁. But not without damage to the sports credibility going forward.

volboy

So what they did in 25% of their regular season games

pulled away late from 6-6 G5 team
• needed prayer to beat 6-6 rival
• 3-point win vs. 4-8 conference foe
• lost by 10 at home

That speaks to being worthy? 🤣 🤣

Are they good? Yes but in my eyes, and I think many others as well, not worthy of the final 4. But what I think doesn't matter 1 iota.

And you are correct, their history played a LARGE, part in them getting in. Which I have not seen history in any of the criteria for getting in.

Although we will never know, but if the roles were reversed (Georgia and Ala) , the result of the final 4 would be the same. Same one would get in and all the talk would be their body of work throughout the year and Georgia would be on outside looking in. Just my 💲.02

Gravey

It sucks for FSU. I feel for them but they are not a top 4 team. It sucks their qb got hurt. If he was healthy they'd be in. Even with the second string qb they looked bad. I know that game with Florida they got Florida's best but they looked bad. Bama looked bad against Auburn but turned it around against Georgia.
I think FSU is probably the most deserving team but not the best team.
This year there are several teams that are really good and could win it all if they were in the playoffs. Georgia and Ohio St both have really good teams.
I agree they're not a top 4 team without their qb and sucks for him and the whole team but based on going undefeated and winning their conference championship they deserve it UNDER THE CURRENT SYSTEM. That said I think Georgia will beat the brakes off of them in the bowl game but that's beside the point.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
NCAA Basketball Tournament selection committee does the same thing. Teams with much better records often times get seeded lower; some teams get left out. It's going to happen in football next season again even though it will be 12 teams getting selected.

prstide

Just irratated the sport I've loved with integrety has turned to a fake wrestling beauty pageant instead of football
hd attention GIF

prstide

NCAA Basketball Tournament selection committee does the same thing. Teams with much better records often times get seeded lower; some teams get left out. It's going to happen in football next season again even though it will be 12 teams getting selected.
Exactly this. It would happen if they expanded football to 64 like the basketball tourney. Someone's feelings are going to get hurt.
Why other fan bases get so bent out of shape when it wasn't even their team who supposedly got "wronged" is what blows my mind.
Must be because, in this particular instance, it's Alabama that got in. There is a rabid disdain for all things Alabama since the new streak to 16 straight wins over the VFLs began back in October.
Next year is y'all's year…..just like the previous 26 have been 🥱.

Latest posts