Tongue hanging out?

lafn96

Just got sent this pic at 12:06 today; guess they're out running cause it looks like his tongue is hanging out to the side? Wish this was rifle or ML season as I'm pretty sure he's headed 400 yds north of there to a big scrape near my food plot; and I could be there in 5 min.

11.1.23.jpg

Southern Sportsman

Several years ago I had a doe walk past my stand with her tongue hanging from the side of her mouth like that. Not sticking out the front as if panting, but hanging from the side exactly like you see in hastily taken grip-&-grin pics of dead deer. I posted about it here and, if memory serves, @BSK said it was caused by some rare, but well documented condition. He'll have to fill in the details, but my doe appeared perfectly healthy otherwise, as does your buck, so apparently they can eat around it somehow.

lafn96

Several years ago I had a doe walk past my stand with her tongue hanging from the side of her mouth like that. Not sticking out the front as if panting, but hanging from the side exactly like you see in hastily taken grip-&-grin pics of dead deer. I posted about it here and, if memory serves, @BSK said it was caused by some rare, but well documented condition. He'll have to fill in the details, but my doe appeared perfectly healthy otherwise, as does your buck, so apparently they can eat around it somehow.
I've seen it before, but was sure it was from either chasing or being chased?

Latest posts