Tip of the Day: fishing line

kdxdude

If you buy some expensive fluorocarbon line and put it on your favorite reel. Make sure the brake is set right & not real loose or otherwise you might get a backlash that's as big as a bird's nest, squirrel's nest & rat's nest all combined. Then you get to cut all that expensive line off your favorite reel after only attempting one cast. I probably should go read my Bible after the language I displayed after said incident. God Bless & have a GREAT day!!

TNhuntin93

Tighten drag as tight as possible, mash down thumb on spool/birdsnest, reel in afew turns, pull out line until spool wont roll over any more. Repeat until birdsnest is gone.

Sounds like your nest was a bit bigger though, hopefully this trick will help in the future if you didnt already know it.

kdxdude

TNhuntin93 said:
Tighten drag as tight as possible, mash down thumb on spool/birdsnest, reel in afew turns, pull out line until spool wont roll over any more. Repeat until birdsnest is gone.

Sounds like your nest was a bit bigger though, hopefully this trick will help in the future if you didnt already know it.

That is a great trick & I tried it multiple times to no avail. Yeah, this was the backlash of all backlashes. Kinda funny after the fact. Laughter is a good cure all.