Tiny Poults 8/1

tellico4x4

Hen must have lost several nests.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0 (3).jpg
    imagejpeg_0 (3).jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 176

deerfever

That's great, I hope they make it. I don't know what the deal is but I have not seen a single poult this year. Last year I seen them all over the place. Mother nature one year to the next. Neat to see them this late!

megalomaniac

Backdating would have her breeding early June, laying mid June, setting late June, with a hatch approx 6d before that pic was taken in late July. Based on what I observed (gobblers still trying to coax hens to squat for them) hunting last weekend of May this season, I suspect poults hatching in late July is not as uncommon as we once thought.

Trapper

I've got the same thing here at the house , we seen a hen on August 5th that had 3 around that size but only 2 now, hawks are bad out here .

tellico4x4

Spent the day working at camp today & saw them all different sizes. From 3/4 size of their hen to about twice the size of the one in 8/1 pic. Had this place 21 years & never seen such a spread on age. Even found this one on edge of plot, looks like it just fell over dead.... no feathers disturbed or anything
IMG_20230819_144151467.jpg

Bgoodman30

Also seen some cross the road a couple weeks ago that were the size of quail. Been seeing several groups of close to mature poults around. Hopefully a good hatch..

Latest posts