Time lapse mode

TheLBLman

Anyone use the time lapse mode on their trail camera? I never have, just wondering if it catches many deer/animal pics.
Frequently.
It can be great for fields, watching roads from a distance, both for security and wildlife trafficking purposes.

It's imperative to use high-capacity cards, and be sure the cam you're using only takes 1 pic per cycle (such as every 5 minutes or every 1 minute).

Can be time consumptive to go thru all the pics, but there are programs to speed up the process, and once you've done it a few times, you can basically just go thru thumbnail images pretty fast, only clicking on the ones having something different.

The advantage of time lapse is that you can get pics beyond the triggering distance of the cam.

For most food plot situations, having the cam programed to just snap a pic every 5 minutes during the 1st and last couple hours each day is sufficient. By doing this, you may find deer are mainly using a portion of a field or plot without your previously realizing. You can then relocate cams for closer views if desired.

Most cams can be programmed to still trigger like normal, with the time lapse pics being in addition to anything triggered as normal.

JCDEERMAN

For most food plot situations, having the cam programed to just snap a pic every 5 minutes during the 1st and last couple hours each day is sufficient. By doing this, you may find deer are mainly using a portion of a field or plot without your previously realizing. You can then relocate cams for closer views if desired.
This is what I have done for a couple of the velvet hunts. I mounted cameras to a shooting house or on a tree overlooking the whole field. I set them to take a pic every 5 minutes, so I could see where they were frequenting.

Latest posts