Three Men Sentenced For Elk Poaching

Locksley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been 4 comments posted
Posted: 11:57 AM Jul 20, 2007
Last Updated: 11:57 AM Jul 20, 2007
Three men are sentenced for killing two young, Kentucky born elk last fall in Perry County for their antlers.

"They cut the heads off and left the bodies, no meat was utilized. The reason they said they took the antlers was to make knife handles out of," said Lt. Frank Campbell with Kentucky Fish and Wildlife.

Alan Combs, Anthony Fugate and Garrett Campbell all lost their hunting privileges for two to three years, as well as two years probation and more than $24,000 in fines split between the three men.
http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/s ... hp?t=45504

bowhunter 51

That is sad...Trying to get Elk started for future generations
and guys like that step all in it....I agree...I think they
should have lost their hunting privileges for a great deal
longer, like for the rest of their lives.............BH51.....

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
Mandatory 10 loss of legal hunting privileges would have been nice. Mandatory loss of the vehicle that transported the antlers. Mandatory loss of firearms involved.

All wishful thinking yes.

Unfortunately, scum like this will be out and about before long doing what they have done in the past. Sort of like O.J. Simpson.

megalomaniac

Why not prosecute them criminally for animal cruelty? No different that the guy that goes to jail for abusing his dog... heck, maybe even a little worse.

Anything less that jail time is off too easy.

CPerkins

Thats why we have the poaching problems we have. Hell, that why there is so much crime in general. Make the punishments more severe and they will stop. I have heard of many people having more than $8000 in an elk hunt.

Latest posts