Threads locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

scn

gunhuntr said:
Why are so many of the threads locked in this forum?

Good question.

This forum is set up for TWRA personnel to answer questions. It is not set up for discussion or debate. And, for a while, there haven't been many TWRA folks other than myself that have been handling the questions.

When I was asked to help moderate the forum several months ago, I quickly found out that if the thread was left open after I answered, non-TWRA personnel would often add their two cents worth. In some cases, the information they added was not correct. In many cases open threads led to a long series of "what-ifs".

In order to cut down on erroneous information, I've adopted the policy to lock the thread after I give the answer.

I realize that it isn't as much "fun" as leaving it open for it to be discussed and "what-iffed" for pages. But, I don't have the time, or really the inclination, to constantly check back and correct wrong information.

A couple of months ago I contacted Ruger and offered to step down as a moderator on here so it could be "fun" again. He requested that I continue as I was doing. If folks want the forum with unlocked threads, let him know and I'll be happy to leave it to another moderator. Until then, I will continue on with the locks.

Thanks.

Unicam

Remember folks, the TWRA is here voluntarily to help us out. With another hunting season upon us it will be very busy for them and replies may not come as fast as needed. As has been said on here many times, dont forget to call your regional office if you need something that needs immediate attention.

I also know there are several members here who know the laws inside out, upside down and backwards, but please refrain from asnwering questions and let the TWRA folks answer. Thanks again all and have a great hunting season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.