THOUGHT ON T/C PRO HUNTER???

CPerkins

their are better muzzleloader barrels out there, and the cost difference is not worth it. I love my encore and planned on getting one of the new barrels until I did some research.

Matador

If it is anything like an encore, it is one fine rifle. I love my Encore. Pro-hunter is pricey, but what big game rifle is not anymore. Really it is your choice. I don't think you would go wrong with one.

square

You can buy a swivel extractor for $13 and a T ramrod for about $25. The only other advantage I see is the quick release breech plug. I love my encore.

tellico4x4

Bought one a couple of months ago, and mounted a Zeiss scope on it. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet though. Also ordered a custom barrel in .270 WSM from Match Grade Machine, but will be two more weeks before they are finished with it.

Going to Alaska this fall, which was a great excuse for a new gun! At 53 years young, I suspect that this may very well be the last ML & Rifle I buy, so I went ahead and bought exactly what I wanted.

Boone 58

I love anything the thompson center folks put out...the only problem is the price. if money were no matter then i would own most of everything they make. I have a 44mg red hawk pistol from 20 years ago and it is still going strong!

rldel

I have a customized Omega and Encore. Both are real shooters but since Smith bought T/C I'll probably not buy anything else by T/C for political reasons.

As far as the speed breech goes, it is cute but I don't really see wha I need it for. Any break-open has enough access for me. My Omega is a little hard to break loose sometimes but it has never failed.

Team Browning

Article in this month's Outdoor Life rates it the highest scoring muzzle loader out there. It also said the easy removal breech plug is a bit of a stretch and they wound up using the removal tool anyway. That then leaves the swinging hammer, the flip top ramrod and the built in recoil system in the stock and forend piece as the only differences from the regular encore. Well the stock and forend are interchangeable so I dont see the difference in price of $550 versus $800 be worth it. You can buy the ramrod as well so Id say save the money and buy a regular encore. Engraving is more for gun safe queens. If Im hunting, the last thing you'd see me do is looking at the engraving!

Latest posts