Those fall colors! And I don’t mean leaves…

CATCHDAWG

My goodness, they're beautiful!
474597A8-B15F-42B0-BD92-DBB7553EC67B.jpeg

Omega

He needs another year 🤣

I loved catching them out of the Colorado and Platt rivers, but my BIL says they are very scarce now. Said he caught his first in about 2-3 years, but he lake fishes so rivers may still hold a few.

CATCHDAWG

He needs another year 🤣

I loved catching them out of the Colorado and Platt rivers, but my BIL says they are very scarce now. Said he caught his first in about 2-3 years, but he lake fishes so rivers may still hold a few.
Those fish would be northern strain, they are a little different.

Last edited:

Black Titan

It's the kind that "lure's" me into the backcountry of the mountains to get away from uneducated, dumb@ss, smart@ss people like YOU who obviously don't know chit about fishing southern Appalachian wild trout streams.

Woah man I didn't mean any offense. Just was trying to be funny.

It's a cool looking fish, and you're right I don't have much experience with wild trout streams. Closest I got is the Clinch. I mostly fish lakes for other species.

BT

CATCHDAWG

Woah man I didn't mean any offense. Just was trying to be funny.

It's a cool looking fish, and you're right I don't have much experience with wild trout streams. Closest I got is the Clinch. I mostly fish lakes for other species.

BT
All is good, sometimes you just can't read expressions behind a keyboard. Carry on…

CATCHDAWG

Man, those things are beautiful. Am I going to have to watch for this on Creek Fishing Adventures?
Yeah, there will be a video but I don't know when. I will say I forbid him from videoing certain landmarks that would have made it much better and he honored that request. Some places, you just don't kiss and tell…

mike243

I caught a nice rainbow in the clinch 1 year and was thinking October, most vivid colors I ever seen, was proud to turn it back, hope somebody else got a chance to see him, have a picture stored somewhere , somebody should make a thread let folks add fish pictures.

CATCHDAWG

We called them brookies, what do they call them here?
They are both called brookies, some folks around here call them specks. There is a genetic difference between the southern strain and the northern strain. The northern are usually not as vivid in their coloration but they grow MUCH larger than the southern strain. A 10" southern fish is considered a trophy whereas I've seen northerns push 16-17". Southerns are native to the southern Appalachians and aren't found anywhere else. Any Brook trout caught outside the region is a northern. It's kinda like Alabama bass vs Kentucky bass, they are both spotted bass but they are both genetically different with different traits.

Last edited:

Latest posts