Thinking about Spring

timberjack86

Every December I start to think about spring and watching a gobbler work his was over a hardwood ridge right into my calling. This year is worse than ever since having surgery on the 1st I've got nothing but time to think about getting better and back to the woods. It's not about the kill, some springs I don't kill a bird. To me it's about being out there and the chance to work a gobbling turkey. It's a chance to see him ease thru the hardwoods blown up in strut. It's about convincing him if only for a few minutes I'm the real deal. I've already got my 410 dialed in and ready for him this spring. Now I just need a few months rest and the games can begin. Anyone else go thru this before deer season closes?

Jim Fred

I've been thinking about this upcoming spring as well. Never hunted turkey a day in my life but after seeing lots of them this deer season I think I'm gonna give it a try.

timberjack86

No but you hunt with a 410 LMAO
celebs GIF

knightrider

Yes its a year long problem for me😂 you gonna love toting that 410! I have killed four with my little stevens shooting the apex ninjas and you would think they were shot with the 12 gauge when the little 410 goes off.

CHRIS WILSON

Turkey season has been on my mind since bow season. I believe I've seen about as many turkeys as I have deer this year. Sat in my stand for over an hour one morning just listening to a flock having a party just down the hill in some fields. Can't wait for Spring

Gravey

Please delete this thread…. My wife will be mad if I get out of state license and go hunting for a week in my honey hole
I'll save you and your wife from an argument. All you have to do is send me the address and I'll scope it out for ya. If no birds you're not missing anything. If a lot of birds I won't tell you. 🤣

wildlifefarmer

Every December I start to think about spring and watching a gobbler work his was over a hardwood ridge right into my calling. This year is worse than ever since having surgery on the 1st I've got nothing but time to think about getting better and back to the woods. It's not about the kill, some springs I don't kill a bird. To me it's about being out there and the chance to work a gobbling turkey. It's a chance to see him ease thru the hardwoods blown up in strut. It's about convincing him if only for a few minutes I'm the real deal. I've already got my 410 dialed in and ready for him this spring. Now I just need a few months rest and the games can begin. Anyone else go thru this before deer season closes?
You think you have it bad??? 25 years ago, after shooting my first tom, that's all I think about. I watch turkeys EVERYDAY. Use to crappie fish every weekend while working. Now I only go when the wife gets the inching for some fresh fish. Spring is the time to be outside and enjoy the outside and watch nature. Hearing the quail, turkeys and all the other critters at daybreak wake up then the thunder of a Tom just 10 feet behind you. It can't get any better.

deerhunter10

Love turkey hunting. And many days I would pick it over deer, but I'm in deer mode usually til I tag out or it's over. I still think about it though lol. Best hatch I've seen in years. Also a very late hatch so that gets me fired up way more than hunting nowadays. Habitat trapping and all the things that go into it I have fallen in love with the last 7ish years. Goes for deer as well.

Latest posts