thinking about a new bow?

Radar

Shoot several bows and pick the one that feels best in your hand . Make sure you have the correct draw length . Martin makes a decent bow , I'm just not a big Martin fan though . If you like it and it shoots well , buy it . The choice is yours .

JeepKuntry

Ditto! I've shot Bear, Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt thusfar. Any bow is capable of shooting better than we are, just remember that. Shoot a bunch, and pick which one feels the best to you.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
Personally, I wouldnt own a mathews for crap. There are to many good bows out there to be included with the 'stuck up mathews azz' bunch.

Personally Im a bowtech man just because they stand by their product and I have a place close if I need parts.

Shoot some bows and get what feels best to you, even a crapthews if it feels good :D

Zeek

As far as bowtech service. I have a bow that belonged to a friend of mine. I had a problem with it called bowtech they sent me to a dealer and poof fixed under warranty no questions asked. My next bow will be bowtech also

LCU

Buckblaster said:
Personally, I wouldnt own a mathews for crap. There are to many good bows out there to be included with the 'stuck up mathews azz' bunch.

Personally Im a bowtech man just because they stand by their product and I have a place close if I need parts.

Shoot some bows and get what feels best to you, even a crapthews if it feels good :D

Can't agree that Mathews bows are crap. They make great bows,ande it's not a cult.
Also agree there are a lot of other good bow makers today.
More than enough to find a good bow you like.

Words like crapthews discredits your objectivity to real archers.

rldel

population control said:
looking at the martin , dont know much about them , this on has 80% let off and 310 fps ,,, and iam assuming fps means feet per second the name of it is the martin cheeta bass pros got um for 459.00

Read this thread and you can see why I gave up on this area. Martin makes fine bows. Much better than some of the gimicky crap even endorsed here on occasions.

One person made a remark about the Mathews crowd. A certain percentange can be a bit annoying at times. I do have a Drenalin but I started with PSE and still have an old Browning (many were made by PSE as I think AR) but none of that really matters. I do like my Drenalin but I don't like the nonadjustable cam. If I pass it down to my son, I have to chunk out some more cash.

I've also shot a Bengal dressed out and it was a tad heavier and a bit slower, much less expensive but in many ways just as sweet. If I were to replace the Mathews, I'd do it with a Martin even considering Bowtech, PSE (private brand name PSEs), Parkers, etc. There is some other brand starts with "H"... the name escapes me ;)

There is something to be said about having a practical working man's bow. A tool of harvest. I do think about the old price tag as I rough-ride through on the Honda. I invest in a good hardshell case!

Good accessories are in my mind what really make or break the rig - not as much the bare bow. If I had to do it again, I'd save money myself and get the Martin and add a good Toxonics extended sight, comfortable release and a Ripcord dropaway. The rest of the bit at whatever apealed to me at the moment.

PC Just my opinion... but if you decide to get one, I'd be shocked if you regretted it. I'm not you.. don't know.. but I'd be shocked.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
LCU said:
Buckblaster said:

Can't agree that Mathews bows are crap. They make great bows,ande it's not a cult.
Also agree there are a lot of other good bow makers today.
More than enough to find a good bow you like.

Words like crapthews discredits your objectivity to real archers.

No no, I probably shouldnt have said that but thats not exactly what I meant. Mathews makes a mighty fine bow.

Shoot what you like, im just saying I dont like some of the mathews owners that are always bashing other bow brands and think that mathews are so great when they have no idea what they are talking about. Lots of posers and goobers shoot mathews just because thats what they see on tv all of the time, and they think everything else sucks. I know a few like that. ;) People that walk around saying catch us if you can after they shoot or post it everywhere.

Like I said shoot what fits you best.

Mathews makes a mighty fine bow, if you like it, buy it.

Arch-N

Buckblaster said:

I'm hurt Buckblaster...That's the first time I've been called "Stuck Up" because of the bow I shoot.

stik

Buckblaster said:

that comment right there tells me you are more stuck-up than any mathews shooter. i know MANY mathews shooters and none are as you described.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
stik said:
Buckblaster said:

that comment right there tells me you are more stuck-up than any mathews shooter. i know MANY mathews shooters and none are as you described.
Arch-N said:
Buckblaster said:

I'm hurt Buckblaster...That's the first time I've been called "Stuck Up" because of the bow I shoot.

READ MY ABOVE POST

Latest posts