Thermo-Cell

TNHunter2521

Those of you that have used the Thermo-Cell insect repeller I was interested in your opinion(s) on its effectiveness, spooking deer, and other information you have on it. Thanks and good hunting.

JCDEERMAN

May be the best invention for the outdoorsman to date, imo. I will not go in the woods during bow season without mine! And have had bucks around me for over an hour fighting underneath my stand and it didnt phase them whatsoever. I also use it for fishing, etc....

Get one

Tennessee Todd

If you hunt early where's there's a bunch of skeeters, they are a must. Yes, the deer will smell it, but if there's a bunch of skeeters, I don't really care.

Sometimes when I'm hunting early at Duck River, I use two of them.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Tennessee Todd said:
Yes, the deer will smell it,

TT I have heard before that the scent produced by the thermacell was created to closely mimic a certain flora found in nature. Have you ever heard this?
Also, have you had any negative effects from deer smelling it?

JCDEERMAN

Chief Tap-a-Keg said:
How much they cost?

Last time I saw them, I think they are only like $22-25.00....someone correct me if I am wrong. Mine was a birthday present so I'm not really sure.

I never paid much attention to it until I went out huntin the following fall and had a long sleeve shirt on with AT LEAST 20 "skeetos" trying to bite through my arm sleeve. Next evening, thought I would try this thing out, I might have had 1 here and there bother me. Never had a problem since then. I have seen my cousin walk in and outta the woods carrying it in front of his face :crazy: :D

Take about 15 minutes for it to get warm and working good

TNHunter2521

:D [color:#FF0000] [/color] [size] [/size] [font] [/font] Thanks for everyone's help. We have a Bass Pro Shop and a Gander Mountain in this area.

Many Thanks. Have a great hunting Season.

cecil30-30

I was at walgreens yesterday and they had the refill kits on sale for $3.99..I don't have a thermo cell but im going to have one before season opens,im tried of those little buzzing sounds in your ear!

Mike Belt

Great product! Also you can buy the refill butane cartridges at Walmart alot cheaper. Go to the hair supply section and look for the Con-Air hair curler cartridges. They're the same cartridge made by the same company that makes Therma-Cell but alot cheaper.

billw1069

i would get the pouch that goes with it or make you something to sit it down in. you can also get the blank pads and heat up attractant also

LCU

I never bought one because I though deer would smell it a mile away.
Never hear anyone complain about this being true,so I'm buying one before bow opens.

Only part about early bow season that is a downside to cold weather hunting. Eatn up.