the real work begins(aint these purty)

WTM

image_zpssr55lmfu.jpeg
[/URL]

enough for supper, see the siamese twims. lol

squash, green beans, jalepeno, cayenne and soon to be okra and cucumbers need picking. gonna have several weeks of blanching and bagging and eating.

megalomaniac

my squash and zucchini is pretty much done and gone... been picking it for the past month. I did pick a bushel of purple hulled peas this afternoon. Started my kids shelling tonight!

Can't grow okra down here... the fire ants eat it all.. just leave a skeleton where the pod once was

WTM

Jcalder":1rhnbdur said:
MickThompson":1rhnbdur said:
Jcalder":1rhnbdur said:
We done 82 pints of beans yesterday
That sounds an awful lot like work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it was. Picked them Tuesday and the wife canned Wednesday. Told her corn should be ready in a few weeks lol.

we dont do much canning anymore, except the pickles,pickled okra and peppers dont have room for it although i was thinking of building a storm/food cellar but decided it would prolly become home to some rattlesnakes. we just mostly blanch and freeze enough for winter.

why can pints of beans instead of quarts? my wife and i can almost eat up and quart in one sitting with leftovers, lol.

Jcalder

WTM":3e9jp7k2 said:
Jcalder":3e9jp7k2 said:
MickThompson":3e9jp7k2 said:
Jcalder said:
We done 82 pints of beans yesterday
That sounds an awful lot like work.

it was. Picked them Tuesday and the wife canned Wednesday. Told her corn should be ready in a few weeks lol.

we dont do much canning anymore, except the pickles,pickled okra and peppers dont have room for it although i was thinking of building a storm/food cellar but decided it would prolly become home to some rattlesnakes. we just mostly blanch and freeze enough for winter.

why can pints of beans instead of quarts? my wife and i can almost eat up and quart in one sitting with leftovers, lol.
we done pints simply because it's me the woman lol. My daughter doesn't care for them much

WTM

whew, picked and put up 20 qts of horton green beans, 3 gallon of squash after i worked on getting my back yard prepped for lime and bermuda. man im tired. gonna make some squash relish in a day or two along with some candied jalepenos from the cooking forum.

Latest posts