The KOA in Townsend

Harold Money jr

I'm here as I type this. It's avery nice place to relax especially with two wild kids seven and five. They have a very clean campground with a pool, playground and little river that flows through (it is full of trout). You can tube the river all day until 6pm with unlimited shuttles. It is close to several little cafe's and some small stores all within easy biking distance, there is a five mile bicycle path/trail that parallels hwy 73. I realize this style of living makes a bunch of y'all snicker and look down the proverbial nose at us but, we enjoy our little kids and little pop-up and the little batch of homemade chocolate ice cream that will be ready in a few minutes. This is a nice place within .2 mile of the National Park.

CATCHDAWG

I haven't stayed at the koa but have camped at Tuckaleechee. Townsend is one of my favorite places on earth! Plenty to do if you know your way around without the craziness of the "other" side of the mountain. I'll take the peacefull side anytime... ;)

Matador

Know exactly where you are at. I haven't camped at KOA, but have camped at another place in Townsend and camped at the campground in the COVE.

Latest posts