That's not a crappie..........

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Something in comments on FB said 2.83 pounds. I've got one on the wall that was around 1.8, and it is no where near that big.

Mike Belt

I was in BP when it first opened in Memphis looking at boats. A couple of the guys that worked as salesmen had been to Arlabutla and came into the store to show some of their buddies their catch. They had 2 big ice chests layered with crappie that were as long as the ice chest. I don't think any of them were less than 2 pounders. I was impressed. I've caught some big fish there since but I never can get the numbers.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I hung one last year while bream fishing in the backwater at Springville and I never saw anything but it's mouth before the hook came out.
Stretch said it was the biggest crappie he had ever seen in his life.
I thought I had a catfish till I saw it's mouth. LOL

DaveB

You could filet it and fry it up and have leftovers from just one fish.

Jeez, that is a really big crappie. Sure looks bigger than 3 pounds or so.

Did I ever tell you about this lady I worked with who caught the California Record bluegill and ate it before the state could certify?? She had pictures .....it had that bump over its mouth looked like a pumpkin. Cost her well over 5 grand, this was in the early 80's at a public lake. Bank fishing....caught it on a live worm

Latest posts