Thank you LSU for clearing the way!

Vermin93

Ole Miss plunges 6 spots in the Coaches poll after 3-point loss at LSU. We will know in about an hour if the AP voters feel the same way.

I'm very disappointed in South Carolina for not getting the job done.

1 Mississippi State
2 Florida State
3 Alabama
4 Auburn
5 Michigan State
6 Oregon
7 Notre Dame
8 Georgia
9 Ole Miss
10 TCU
11 Kansas State
12 Baylor
13 Ohio State
14 Arizona State
15 Arizona
16 Nebraska
17 LSU
18 Utah
19 East Carolina
20 Oklahoma
21 Clemson
22 West Virginia
23 Marshall
24 Duke
25 UCLA

Vermin93

Mudbone said:
Why, I wonder, is the undefeated Irish ranked #7 in the coaches poll behind other teams. Some with one loss?

Answer = anti-ND bias!

Michigan State has no business being ranked better than #10. Oregon thumped Michigan State by 19 points, yet Michigan State is in front of them? What a joke. You have to wonder if the coaches (or whoever fills out their ballot for them) actually pay attention to what's happening outside their program and conference and whether they know who beat who. Oregon being ranked #6 is almost as bad - they lost AT HOME to Arizona!

Vermin93

New AP poll is out and it's more logical, although I would have Georgia and TCU ahead of Michigan State.

1 Mississippi State
2 Florida State
3 Alabama
4 Auburn
5 Oregon
6 Notre Dame
7 Mississippi
8 Michigan State
9 Georgia
10 TCU
11 Kansas State
12 Baylor
13 Ohio State
14 Arizona
15 Arizona State
16 LSU
17 Nebraska
18 Utah
19 Oklahoma
20 West Virginia
21 East Carolina
22 Clemson
23 Marshall
24 Duke
25 UCLA

Mudbone

Sec. 3 in the top five, 5 in the top ten. Every top ten sec team would beat any other top ten team from any conference.

junebugwapiti

Mudbone said:
Why, I wonder, is the undefeated Irish ranked #7 in the coaches poll behind other teams. Some with one loss?

ND lost to Florida State. Just another really good 1 loss team. Going to be a real interesting last few weeks of the season.

Mudbone

junebugwapiti said:
Mudbone said:

ND lost to Florida State. Just another really good 1 loss team. Going to be a real interesting last few weeks of the season.
ND did not lose to fsu. Ask vermin, he will explain it to you. :)

TNReb

Ole Miss still controls their own destiny. I think we have a coin flip shot of winning out. I think we can beat Auburn, Presbyterian, and Arkansas. That leaves State for the last game. I think that one is a coin flip.

State will not beat Alabama.

If we beat State, that leaves us with W's over the only other 1-loss teams in the West and puts us right in the drivers seat.

I was disappointed in our performance last night (QB, O Line, and coaching was all dismal), but the LSU team that showed up last night isn't the same team that showed up against State.

Likewise, the Alabama team that State will face probably won't be the same Alabama team the Rebels beat.

I don't care if we're tanked 7 or 9 or 15 at this point.. I care about winning. Do that, and the rest will take care of itself.

farmin68

Nyper said:
Ole Miss still controls their own destiny. I think we have a coin flip shot of winning out. I think we can beat Auburn, Presbyterian, and Arkansas. That leaves State for the last game. I think that one is a coin flip.

State will not beat Alabama.

If we beat State, that leaves us with W's over the only other 1-loss teams in the West and puts us right in the drivers seat.

I was disappointed in our performance last night (QB, O Line, and coaching was all dismal), but the LSU team that showed up last night isn't the same team that showed up against State.

Likewise, the Alabama team that State will face probably won't be the same Alabama team the Rebels beat.

I don't care if we're tanked 7 or 9 or 15 at this point.. I care about winning. Do that, and the rest will take care of itself.

I agree with most of that, but think Miss St. will beat Bama.

LSU played one for their coach last night. Les Miles' mom passed away sometime before the game.

I think Ole Miss should still be in the top 5.

Zulu

Nyper said:
.. I care about winning. Do that, and the rest will take care of itself.
Bullseye! All of the top 4 in the west pretty much hold their destinies in their hands ... win out and you're going to the SEC championship. Lose 1 and you're going to need help.

Latest posts