TFWC Commission Season Setting Meeting **LIVE LINK**

TN Larry

paboom

A great opportunity to share concerns in hopes that changes will be made.

Self-governing isn't working as most everyone is a hypocrite when it comes to season dates (they don't wait to start mid April like they propose) and they limit out if given the opportunity (when they advocate for dropping the limit)

30-06 type of guy

Interesting proposal for the mid TN WMAs.

Limit will be 1 for the first 14 days on Cheatham, Old Hickory, Percy Priest, Yanali, and Haley Jaqueth.

Should reduce the out-of-staters.

That looks to be the only proposed change unless I missed something.

Will be curious to see if the committee adopts it.
I'd accept that.

30-06 type of guy

Limit will be 1 for the first 14 days on Cheatham, Old Hickory, Percy Priest, Yanali, and Haley Jaqueth.

I wonder if those 14 days start the weekend of juvenile tho?

Buzzard Breath

That's a start, but I think it will just push the out-of-staters to the surrounding WMA's once they kill their one bird. I doubt it'll keep them from coming.

megalomaniac

That's a start, but I think it will just push the out-of-staters to the surrounding WMA's once they kill their one bird. I doubt it'll keep them from coming.
Agreed, but it will decrease the insanity on those WMAs close to Nashville a bit. Something has to be done there.. its at the point where it's getting unsafe.

deerfever

Agreed, but it will decrease the insanity on those WMAs close to Nashville a bit. Something has to be done there.. its at the point where it's getting unsafe.
You are 100 percent correct! Never see anything like it. People walking around with gobblers on sticks , vehicles all over the place. I didn't even feel safe enough to pull over, much less hunt at the public I was at. It's not just that area other places have been crowded also, I have not seen this many people since the 80s. Combo of our early season and advertising campaign I do believe. It's been absolutely insane at every place I have been.

Buzzard Breath

I quit turkey hunting this year because of it. But with turkey populations suffering throughout the state, do these surrounding WMA's have enough turkeys to absorb the extra hunters, or will it do more damage than good.

Wrangler95

You are 100 percent correct! Never see anything like it. People walking around with gobblers on sticks , vehicles all over the place. I didn't even feel safe enough to pull over, much less hunt at the public I was at. It's not just that area other places have been crowded also, I have not seen this many people since the 80s. Combo of our early season and advertising campaign I do believe. It's been absolutely insane at every place I have been.
I sure wouldnt hunt those areas for feeling I might get shot!

megalomaniac

I quit turkey hunting this year because of it. But with turkey populations suffering throughout the state, do these surrounding WMA's have enough turkeys to absorb the extra hunters, or will it do more damage than good.
So... if the changes do not decrease the overall number of man hours afield, it will result in a worse hunting experience on the other WMAs... but I have a sneaky suspicion that these changes will significantly decrease the desire for OOSers coming to TN. Time will tell.

Setterman

So... if the changes do not decrease the overall number of man hours afield, it will result in a worse hunting experience on the other WMAs... but I have a sneaky suspicion that these changes will significantly decrease the desire for OOSers coming to TN. Time will tell.
I have a feeling it'll just pour pressure into other public land areas in the state. Really appreciate all the youtube stars baiting in everyone from other states. Selfish promotion has led to a crap situation