TC Encore Recommendations

de novo

I ordered my 209 X 50 Encore barrel this weekend. For those of you that shoot this gun, what loads do you use? Thanks.

sisko

Septocaine, I just bought an Encore .50 myself. After much debate and research I chose to go with a setup from www.prbullet.com. I am using a VariFlame Adapter, 300 grain Dead Center bullets, and 100 grains 777 pellets. I went to the range Saturday and had some very good results. I finished the day up with a final 3 shot group of less than .75" group at 100 yards. Of the the 3 shot group 2 of them were touching. I am shooting 2.5" high at 100 yards, which puts me 0 at 150 yards and -2.5 at 200 yards. I now have a 200 yard muzzleloader. I believe accuracy could be increased with loose powder and a new hinge pin.

OK, now the downside to this setup. The bullets will have to be ordered online.

I hope this helps and I haven't muddy'ed the waters.

SAWDUST

GREAT shooting sisko, thats one bullet i havent tried,but with groups like that I probably will.You and a lot of others like the pr bullets

de novo

My barrel and forend are scheduled to be delivered Monday. I was hoping to shoot this weekend.

Anyone shoot the Hornady SST or XTP?

de novo

The barrel/forend came in Monday. I was able to order it online from E. Arthur Brown Company. It was delivered to my door 5 days after placing the order. The barrel, forend, and shipping costs were cheaper than my local sporting goods store could sale me just the barrel. Can't wait to shoot it.

Encore001.jpg

Encore003.jpg

Latest posts