Taters in the ground

woodyard

Surprisingly, I had a spot dry out fairly good from the rains. We had over an inch last Monday night. Sun and wind work in a hurry.
Got 2 1/4 rows of potatoes and some onion sets in the ground. May regret it, about he earliest I have planted.

rmmonty32

I have had terrible luck with potatoes the last few yrs the plants die early and when dig them they are either small and the ones that are decent size have been eaten by a small white grub worm... have u ever dealt with that b4. I tried granules for grub worm last time but it didnt help

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

woodyard

I don't think I have had much trouble out grubs most years. I wonder if those are Japanese Beetle larvae that are getting yours. I have worked on the beetles pretty good around here with the traps and last year there weren't hardly any, may of just been the cycle or the weather , who knows.

Usually my biggest problem is the nearly mature taters rotting if we have much rain on our type soil in the other garden spot. One reason I got these planted today was the spot has a lot more silt than clay and worked up really good for this early.

rmmonty32

Im thinking Japanese beetles they usually cover some plants we have out front of the house

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

sharpshooter

Got some taters, onions, lettuce and broccoli planted yesterday. Like you it was about the earliest I have planted, but the ground was just dry enough and rain in the forecast for the next week or so, I figured I may as well try it.

Latest posts