TARP level 5 unlocked šŸ”„

holstonangler

Seriously Clark????!!! Sorry, stole that line from Randy Quaid.....I personally have never heard of one coming out of the North Fork side. I read an article in the Kingsport Times about a month ago on your accomplishment.......very impressive and great effort on your part!
Thanks, that was a friend of mine in the news, he was the first to level 5

TheLBLman

Talk about a hard-core diverse fisherman!

Congratulations on all the different fishing accomplishments.

You have me beat (badly!) in nearly all categories!

One though, total accident for me, back in the early 80's I caught a wild brook trout in TN that weighed 2 lbs, 12 oz on my Zebco Fisherman De-Liar scales. Don't know the length, and didn't at the time have any clue what a unique trophy fish that was. If I had documented it better, it was likely a state record, at least in the 2-lb test line category.

utvolsfan77

View attachment 148153

After a few thousand hours fishing, a few thousand spent, and several years of fishing in East TN, I finally put twenty different citation fish on the measuring board for master angler five award. I was pretty darn excited. From chasing trophy walleye during winter storms after dark, deep dropping for big lake trout, or tossing big swimbaits to musky, it's always kept me going out and pursuing the next big trophy fish with friends.

And a big thanks to the the TWRA for introducing the TARP program several years ago.
It made it both challenging and rewarding by forcing us to learn several new bodies of water and learning the different fishing techniques used to catch them.
Go give it a try!
How many of those were in Watauga or South Holston?

holstonangler

The Brook trout, was it a southern strain wild one? They might grow larger up there but down here it took me forever to catch one that qualified. Still haven't caught another. Once again, VERY impressive accomplishment
It was a native southern strain fish, I wish I could say it was from a highly secluded mountain lake or stream, but it was a southern strain they released a couple years ago on the holston.
IMG_20170219_200436.jpg

Latest posts