TARP level 5 unlocked 🔥

Setterman

No kidding!!!
I caught a 22" one time.
I can't imagine a 31"!
I've trout fished my entire life, and caught some big rainbows, seen a million boated by clients and know a bunch of trout fisherman. Biggest I've caught around here was 26", measured a 27", and heard tale of a 28". 31" is just flat out massive, and incredible

holstonangler

Which one was the easiest to get? Which one was the most difficult?
The walleye and rainbow were the most difficult to catch. Getting a mount for both.
I've trout fished my entire life, and caught some big rainbows, seen a million boated by clients and know a bunch of trout fisherman. Biggest I've caught around here was

That's awesome! So many of those fish are damn impressive, but the 31" Rainbow is most impressive to me. That's a monster
Thanks, I'm getting it mounted along with the walleye, I netted a 29" rainbow for a 6 year old a couple three weeks back and got a good catch and release on it, it was definitely fun to watch things unfold. It took me years on some trophies to figure out, but once I caught one, it seems I would catch several big ones back to back after figuring out what time, place, and what bait to use.

Mud Creek

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

From now on when "other members" post their TARP paper certificates I'm just not going to be able to look at it the same after seeing this. Kind of makes them seem small compared to a major award like this!!😂😂

holstonangler

Which one was the easiest to get? Which one was the most difficult?
I've thought a lot about this one. I've spent about about equal time chasing both the rainbow trout and the walleye. Those both took me at least six years to catch and verify, and this year I've caught multiple citations of both, it's crazy how that happens, but if I narrowed it down to one it would be the walleye. It took many years of winter and spring night trips to catch it and then only a month later to catch a 33.5"er at 2pm on a zero-cloud day. The musky was a close one to, but it was the only fish I started counting trips to catch. I think I was around 20 or so trips or so in before I got the one big musky in the boat. For a landslide on the easiest, it would definitely be the 20" smallmouth. It's hard not to catch one if you fish Watauga or South Holston in the spring

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

From now on when "other members" post their TARP paper certificates I'm just not going to be able to look at it the same after seeing this. Kind of makes them seem small compared to a major award like this!!😂😂
Not real sure what you mean by that one.
I can promise you he didn't get that overnight. Takes alot of time and work to get there but everyone has to start with 1.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Not real sure what you mean by that one.
I can promise you he didn't get that overnight. Takes alot of time and work to get there but everyone has to start with 1.
Hey 1 is more than my zero. I think everyone that I have seen posted is awesome!

Antler Daddy

I have often thought my outdoor life could have been more rewarding if i had spent more time with friends chasing fish vs. so much time waiting on big bucks that probably were not even there,

Grnwing

View attachment 148153

After a few thousand hours fishing, a few thousand spent, and several years of fishing in East TN, I finally put twenty different citation fish on the measuring board for master angler five award. I was pretty darn excited. From chasing trophy walleye during winter storms after dark, deep dropping for big lake trout, or tossing big swimbaits to musky, it's always kept me going out and pursuing the next big trophy fish with friends.

And a big thanks to the the TWRA for introducing the TARP program several years ago.
It made it both challenging and rewarding by forcing us to learn several new bodies of water and learning the different fishing techniques used to catch them.
Go give it a try!
I would love to see a picture of that walleye! Congrats on a very prestigious accomplishment!

holstonangler

I would love to see a picture of that walleye! Congrats on a very prestigious accomplishment!
Thanks! Was caught and released, I got a good replica mount of it.
20220219_151327.jpg

Latest posts