Switching to video and storage space

Speedwell-Hunter

For those switching to or collecting a lot of video with their trail-cameras: if you keep your pictures/videos, get ready to buy some back-up drives! I thought a Terabyte drive would do. Nope. Next purchase was a 2 Terabyte drive. That will last! Nope. My new FIVE Terabyte portable drive just arrived from Amazon. We'll see how long this one last...
I wish I had the money to afford the Lithium ion batteries to keep in video mode, it just kills my batteries to quick, so sadly forced to video mode on all my cams. Any Lith ion deals lately? Also, BSK, since you run so many cams, which non lithium ion battery do you recommend (AA that is)? thx

BSK

I wish I had the money to afford the Lithium ion batteries to keep in video mode, it just kills my batteries to quick, so sadly forced to video mode on all my cams. Any Lith ion deals lately? Also, BSK, since you run so many cams, which non lithium ion battery do you recommend (AA that is)? thx
ONLY battery I use is Energizer Ultimate Lithium. Expensive, but worth every penny. Ran all of my video units from July until yesterday and never had to change batteries. Usually, mid-summer I start looking for bulk deals. If I buy a couple hundred, it usually brings the cost down per battery a bit. Change batteries at the beginning of the season and they last through the season.

Speedwell-Hunter

ONLY battery I use is Energizer Ultimate Lithium. Expensive, but worth every penny. Ran all of my video units from July until yesterday and never had to change batteries. Usually, mid-summer I start looking for bulk deals. If I buy a couple hundred, it usually brings the cost down per battery a bit. Change batteries at the beginning of the season and they last through the season.
Please post if find the deals and fascinating that you use only lithium. Good to know! Thanks

BSK

This year we didn't get as many videos as we normally would do to the effects of the drought. But in 2021, one of our best years, cameras ran from August until early January, took 10,000 videos, and none of the cameras ran out of power. THAT'S why I only use lithium. They last!

Latest posts