sweet little Quad

phildidit

Quad8-15-2008.jpg
[/img]

Chris Tripp

I will have to reserve that point as a Pelican not Quad, however, if I could see the basal edges, I would know 100%. If it is how it looks, ground basal edges, it is a Pelican, slightly older than Quad in our area and more of a rarity.

phildidit

Chris Both Pelican and Quad have ground basal and hafting areas. The hafting area on a Pelican is much longer than Quad. Both point style also have basal thinning strikes. What seperates the two is the Quad has expanded squarish auricles and secondary flaking on the blade edges, and shorter hafting area. Either way it still a late Paleo artifact and very rare.

phildidit

I picked this point up in West TN in an area where there is not much material that can be used in artifact production Alot of the points have been used until they are almost wore out. I will post a few other Quads I have found to let you check out. Thanks for looking I love to talk and share my relics with others that enjoy the hobby.

Chris Tripp

The distel end of it though don't give alot of indication that it was heavily resharpened in the photo, but then again, its hard to tell in a photo.

Latest posts