Supressor

gatodoc

Waited 14 months to get approved by ATF for my supressor. Got it screwed on my threaded 6.5 HMR Bergara (growing my man bun) and it shot 1" groups at 100 yards with about the same recoil as my 223.

I had ordered it on a lark last year but It's the cats meow this year. My ortho doc wanted me to learn to shoot left handed after my right shoulder replacement in March. I may try to learn lefty technique, but at last Im good to hunt right handed for now.

Deer 1

Glad it's helping your ability to shot RH.

Does it act similar to a break?
Assuming the sounds less but How quiet and does it blow back at you?

Did it change your zero?

So cool. So many questions. Congrats

gatodoc

Cant give firm info on sound as I was wearing hearing protection because of other guns at the range. One fellow who walked up didn't have his ears on when I shot once and he said it was quieter than his 22. Recoil was greatly reduced (my main objective). I expected point of impact to change and it did shoot 2" right at a 100 but dialed right back and grouped well.

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the same recoil reduction with a good muzzel brake but the sound reduction is a bonus.

My silencer is a multicaliber "Banish". Not too heavy. I think I'll; enjoy it a lot.

Wiley

Congrats on getting your suppressor! It sure adds to the enjoyment of shooting. I haven't shot without a suppressor in so long I have no idea when the last time was. It'll spoil a feller. My .308 wears an OPS Inc 3rd Model 30 cal and it sounds similar to a 22 mag since I shoot regular hunting ammo through it. As side benefit of containing all the muzzle blast is the recoil reduction, there is almost none and the crosshair remains on target. And shooting 22s suppressed is almost as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!

dirtyhands

Cant give firm info on sound as I was wearing hearing protection because of other guns at the range. One fellow who walked up didn't have his ears on when I shot once and he said it was quieter than his 22. Recoil was greatly reduced (my main objective). I expected point of impact to change and it did shoot 2" right at a 100 but dialed right back and grouped well.

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten the same recoil reduction with a good muzzel brake but the sound reduction is a bonus.

My silencer is a multicaliber "Banish". Not too heavy. I think I'll; enjoy it a lot.
I got my banish last December and have been having a blast shooting. 22 .556 and 300blk here at the house. I'm going to take it to the range so sight in my 6.5 with it this weekend. It is an absolute shame that these take so much effort and money to get. I enjoy it so much I'll probably end up getting the banish 46 so I can use it on my 45-70 and every other gun I have down to 223

7X57

About everyone I've heard sounds like a .22 Mag, including my own Thunderbeast Ultra 7 .30cal. The one thing I don't like about them is the extended length and throwing off the rifles balance. I just don't like them on any barrels over 18" in length.

Sniper

14 months is a long wait. Did you file electronically? I made the plunge about 90 days ago and the place said has been taking about a 100 days now with the electronic filing. We'll see

LY

14 months is a long wait. Did you file electronically? I made the plunge about 90 days ago and the place said has been taking about a 100 days now with the electronic filing. We'll see
I e-filed on 6/16, 146 days ago, everything I'm seeing is saying 7 months. My first one several years ago took 7 months, but this time there was apparently a large influx back in February of which some timed out and needed to be run through the check again. They're supposed to be getting past some of those now so maybe things will pick up.

Buddy on this site got one back that was paper filed in 352 days and an e-filed one on day 165, but that was 3 months ago. It's gonna really suck for my 90 day e-filed suppressor to take longer than the 7 months my other one took under the "old" system.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
They got you!! LOL
It might be 100 days but everything ive been seeing is some are taking well over 6 months.
Im pretty sure he paper filed. I dont think the eforms came online for form 4 until last year around christmas or january of this year.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I e-filed on 6/16, 146 days ago, everything I'm seeing is saying 7 months. My first one several years ago took 7 months, but this time there was apparently a large influx back in February of which some timed out and needed to be run through the check again. They're supposed to be getting past some of those now so maybe things will pick up.

Buddy on this site got one back that was paper filed in 352 days and an e-filed one on day 165, but that was 3 months ago. It's gonna really suck for my 90 day e-filed suppressor to take longer than the 7 months my other one took under the "old" system.
The old system was running between 10-16 months. I had 2 that i filed in june 2021 and got them back around 385 days

skipperbrown

If you get yours in 100 days, you will be at the extreme range of the bell curve. That said, once you start shooting suppressed, shooting without a suppressor just seems nothing short of barbaric.

feldmutze

I'm 6 months in on waiting for my Banish for a .22. Hope mine's not 14 months...

Carlos

Are you shooting normal hunting ammo, or subsonic?

(I imagine the subsonic rounds wouldn't be as effective on game.)

Latest posts