Super Bantam slugs???

Shanman

As mentioned in another thread my stepson received a Mossberg Super Bantam 20 gauge combo for Christmas, he shot 1.5 boxes of 7s and 8s through it Sat and loved it! Believe I'm on track with the smooth barrel for turkey, just need spend some time with him and pick the best load. That brings me to the rifled slug barrel and what to run through it, completely understand that I need to go through the same process and see what it likes. Wondering what you guys that have this specific barrel are having success with? I usually hunt thick and most shots will be under 100yds more than likely, but still want the most accurate load possible. Have read about TarHunt's 20ga Schrifle and Lightfield shells, any of you guys have experience with these loads? Any off the shelf loads that you like best?

JimFromTN

I have shot lightfields hybrids before. They were the 2nd best accuracy for my 870 with hastings barrel. Its a kind of expensive process but you need to go out and buy at least 3 or 4 different brands of slugs especially if you think you might take 100yd shots. You need to try both heavy/slow and light/fast slugs. Don't waste your time with 3 inch slugs. You will need to buy the slugs online because very few if any stores carry a descent selection of slugs. I would probably get a box of lightfield hybrids and remington copper solids for heavy/slow and maybe remington accutips and Hornady SST's for light/fast.

Remington742

I am shooting a 12 gauge rifled barrel 870 and it loves the Remington Accu tips they group good for me out to 75 yards haven't tried 100 but have killed a deer with it and dropped it in it's tracks.

Latest posts