Sunrise speck

buzzr46

Don't do it!!!!

Just sold my home in TN to live on an island surrounded by them and trout. Flounder are a bonus.

Megalomaniac will start looking for a home soon if he keeps it up!

Broad River, SC
View attachment 181093
It was all wonderful living in Florida, great fishing, beaches, etc. I wouldn't live there again if you gave me the whole state. Two hurricanes, 10 months apart, Ivan in '04 and Dennis in 05 , convinced me the fishing wasn't that great.

Billboy

Definitely a little jealous of you guys that live so close. I'll be making my annual trip to St George soon with the Mako in tow. Ready to catch some yumminess! It's addictive for sure...

7mm08

It was all wonderful living in Florida, great fishing, beaches, etc. I wouldn't live there again if you gave me the whole state. Two hurricanes, 10 months apart, Ivan in '04 and Dennis in 05 , convinced me the fishing wasn't that great.
One can argue why I wouldn't live in west or middle TN with tornadoes. At least with a hurricane you get a 2-3 day window to get out as opposed to 2-3 minutes to get in a bathtub!

Life is a crapshoot….. live it, enjoy it, and come to the realization you will die. Die sitting in a chair being safe or get outside and enjoy God's gift.

Megalomaniac, myself, Billboy , Pilchard and the rest of us that love saltwater understand the meaning of "risk reward benefits".

buzzr46

One can argue why I wouldn't live in west or middle TN with tornadoes. At least with a hurricane you get a 2-3 day window to get out as opposed to 2-3 minutes to get in a bathtub!

Life is a crapshoot….. live it, enjoy it, and come to the realization you will die. Die sitting in a chair being safe or get outside and enjoy God's gift.

Megalomaniac, myself, Billboy , Pilchard and the rest of us that love saltwater understand the meaning of "risk reward benefits".
I understand "risk reward benefits" as well as anyone, as much as I love saltwater, I'll drive to it, I really don't need to live by it as I did . There's also the crowds, the cost, and the fact that the risk soon outweighs the reward when you lose everything. It's not worth it.

megalomaniac

you where only a couple miles from me if u put over at bayou caddy will have to meet up one day and fish
LOVE to! I stay away from Caddy... just a little too busy for my tastes. Plus, my little skiff won't handle more than 1ft seas, so I can pop out of the marsh to fish out front in the sound, then can get tucked back in between the rocks and the shore and run it in rougher seas since I'm only drafting 4.5inches.... but last Sat was insanely high tide... most of the rocks were completely submerged!

Latest posts