Sunday Morning Limit

My son and I went squirrel hunting this morning in an old block of hardwoods that I first set foot on when I wasn't much older than him. He went to the honey hole woods behind the barn and I went to another block a little further back. He decided to take his shotgun this morning and I had just got to my spot when his first shot broke the morning silence. He was on the board with a dull thud of a young gray hitting the forest floor. He is old enough to hunt by himself now but I couldn't help but wish I was standing with him. A couple of minutes later his shotgun rang out again as a barker caught my attention. It was time for me to get busy. Nine grays and a fox later , I had my limit. I worked my way to my son, eager to see what he had. He ended up with five beautiful grays. His woodsmanship is getting better every trip.

Attachments

• 02916B6A-55CA-4D6B-8958-9179968AE55E.jpeg
    02916B6A-55CA-4D6B-8958-9179968AE55E.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 916

Andy S.

Congrats HH, no surprises here that you lit them up with the bolt .22. Glad to hear your son is making strides to one day have the woodsmanship like his dad. He's got as good a mentor as one could ever have. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts