Summer Scouting Trip

Eland

I spent the last week in the Colorado mountains, wilderness backpacking and doing a little scouting/familiarization for an upcoming elk hunt. I thought I would share a few pics of the trip.

This one drenched me about 45 minutes after I took this picture.
dscf0050.jpg

A couple of wildflower pictures.
dscf0063.jpg

dscf0061.jpg

dscf0080.jpg

Home
dscf0067.jpg

For whatever reason, I just loved this particular stretch of creek. It also happened to be a pretty good trout trickle.
dscf0201.jpg

This will keep you on your toes. Fresh!!

dscf0225.jpg

The views out of my �bedroom�.

dscf0183.jpg

dscf0085.jpg

dscf0129.jpg

dscf0178.jpg

They�re not the greatest pictures (distance, hurrying, raining), but there�s elk in them hills.
dscf0066.jpg

dscf0065.jpg

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Calvin, that's great that you got on some elk on your trip. What was the weather like? I would have been splashing around out in the lake :grin:

Sure does look like you'll be hunting some beautiful country.

megalomaniac

Those elk will be right there in another 4 weeks come opening of archery. Man I wish I had time this year to scout... but I've got 8 or 10 honey holes that at least 50% will be covered with elk, so I'm going in blind opening morning this year.

4onaside

Picture #1, the start of the usual summertime rocky mountain afternoon buildup. Most days start crystal clear. Then in late morning to mid-day billowy white clouds start to form. Then, as often as not some pretty good thunderstorms in late afternoon. Then you awaken next morning to a cloudless sky.

richmanbarbeque

Calvin, Wow! Great pics. I forgot that you were heading that way this year. My plans to go to Colorado got changed to Wyoming, maybe next year. Great pics and spounds like you have a great place picked out, Good luck

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wow, wonders will never cease !
Welcome back idgit !!
Awesome scenery dude, hope you drop the hammer on one.
Which girl got the call of duty? :D