Suggestions on Vest

MickThompson

Maybe give a little more info- you've pretty much narrowed it down to every turkey vest ever made.

What kind of calls do you hunt with? Each style takes different pockets

Hydration? Do you want a vest with a water bottle pocket or hydration bladder

How important is weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

I have the Cabelas Tactical Tatr with kickstand and like it. It has plenty of room for all my calls and a couple of dekes, seat is fairly comfortable.

Setterman

PickettSFHunter":7ii6stvt said:
I've got a lot of vests and if I were to pick one it would be the cabelas tactical Tatr 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried them all and for me this is the best I've used

PickettSFHunter

I got my first hunt in with the new Nomad vest this morning. Not to impressed. Pot call pouch coming unsnapped on brush, and seat magnet coming loose on brush. If it had cabelas hook and loop fasteners and seat flip down design it would be great but IMO it's more for the gentleman type hunter that is taking it easy on a farm.

JeepKuntry

MickThompson":2ekulc02 said:
Maybe give a little more info- you've pretty much narrowed it down to every turkey vest ever made.

What kind of calls do you hunt with? Each style takes different pockets

Hydration? Do you want a vest with a water bottle pocket or hydration bladder

How important is weight?

As for calls, I only carry 1 slate, 1 box call, and three mouth calls. I have cheaper inflatable decoys. Not worried about the hydration bladder. I pack a couple small Gatorades. I am 6'3" 215lbs and want a vest that is midweight to lightweight.

TheAirMan

I like the Cabela's kickstand I have. There are a couple farms I hunt where it seems there was never a tree in the right spot. I don't have to worry about that now.

whiskey

Gobbler lounger chair and a Tom Teasers quick sack. More comfortable for those long sits. Bag fits under a rain coat to keep everything dry. If you need to run and gun, leave the seat behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JeepKuntry

Don't procrastinate buying turkey vests. I figured a lot were out there. Nope, almost everywhere you look they are backordered.

Simpleman.2

I would check out the new Alps impact vest. I bought my brother and I one and I'm really impressed. They were running a deal on them for $20 off. It's a stadium style self supporting seat. You don't have to worry about the extra weight that comes with the kickstand style and it also holds decoys and all the calls you'll need.

http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/products/nw ... urkey-vest

MR Yote

2in1shot":herjyawy said:
Cabelas tater no kickstand. As much as I walk a vest is essential for getting the gobbler back to the truck. Has all I need with nothing I don't.

This too, used mine this morning on the juvenile. Absolutely would buy the same one again.

Latest posts