Striker coat/bibs

Crow Terminator

Have any of you guys owned a set of the Striker coat and bibs? I'm looking at the Striker Climate series in particular. Any thoughts or reviews?

I currently have a set of the BPS 100 Mph series. Goretex is usually the bomb for wind and rain but my set got me pretty wet on the Arkansas trip. Specifically where the pocket flaps are. Plus, they aren't cold weather gear. I like to have froze wearing them, even with layers on under them. I'm glad I brought a cold weather set of bibs and coat with me. The guide I was with had the Striker stuff and said it was good but a client had bought it for him as a tip.

woodyard

I got a Artic Amor set a few weeks ago for cold weather fishing but haven't tried them yet since we haven't had the really cold since in Dec. Saw a lot of recommendations from fishermen on these and the Strikers.
I recall one trip to the White River with a buddy that had temps in the mid teens and cloudy with some wind. No rain. I had on my deer hunting gear and was comfy fishing. My buddy thought he had clothes but after a couple of hours of it , we had to go to Mtn Home searching for clothes for him. Snowed big time after a couple of days. That is one place I always carry all kinds of clothes. Seems the weather can change in an instant over there in the winter.
I have a Carhart set that will keep you dry, but cant handle the extreme cold.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I got a Artic Amor set a few weeks ago for cold weather fishing but haven't tried them yet since we haven't had the really cold since in Dec. Saw a lot of recommendations from fishermen on these and the Strikers.
I recall one trip to the White River with a buddy that had temps in the mid teens and cloudy with some wind. No rain. I had on my deer hunting gear and was comfy fishing. My buddy thought he had clothes but after a couple of hours of it , we had to go to Mtn Home searching for clothes for him. Snowed big time after a couple of days. That is one place I always carry all kinds of clothes. Seems the weather can change in an instant over there in the winter.
I have a Carhart set that will keep you dry, but cant handle the extreme cold.
I remember a trip where your buddy didn't bring NEAR enough clothes. :D
I think my feet are still cold from that one. LOL

Crow Terminator

Bibs and coat came today. First impression is...they are great quality. A little on the heavy side. I'm 6' and 260 lbs. I wear 2xl shirts and 38x32 jeans. The 2XL bibs and 2XL jacket fit me very well. The bibs are very flexible and I can squat and bend down without any problems. I had watched a few online reviews and one guy looked to be about my size and recommended going to a 3xL for the coat...but mine fits me rather well and isn't binding. It is VERY insulated. I like the magnetic flaps on it...the Bass Pro 100 MPH jacket has velcro in those spots. I hate velcro. It would come at a time when it's supposed to be 70+ degrees but it was 35 percent off normal price so I'm not complaining about that. We'll see how it does out on the water soon enough. We still have the "dogwood winter" and "blackberry winter" and such to go through.

Latest posts