Strange Deer in trail cam

TheDuke'sBack

Ok so I just checked my trail cams this weekend(I check them weekly) and found something very strange that I've never seen before, anywhere. Im not sure what I would call this, It almost looks like she has an utter like a cow. Could this be a tumor? Whatever it is you can clearly tell its having a very negative effect on her. She might be the skinniest, most nutrient deprived deer I've ever seen.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

k1urVWd.jpg

Av7226q.jpg

chebuck

Mastitis. It is infection in the mammary system. Looks as if she is in bad shape and will probably die if it becomes toxic. Good news is her fawns look big enough to make it with out her milk.

TheDuke'sBack

Wow, Thanks guys.

I have a feeling she's not going to make it either, its looks like its been playing a pretty negative roll on her health for a while now with the weights she's lost.
I would put her down If I ever got a chance to see her in the woods, but with it not being hunting season There would be no justifying killing her out of season so I guess nature is just going to have to play its course and hope the fawns make it with out her.

Boone 58

Man, that is hard to look at without wincing over the discomfort is is placing on her. She literally is stretched to the max. hate to see that. How she would evade a coyote is beyond me.

Latest posts