Steps to take on a boat that has sat for 3 years.

dsa5455

I have a 2001 Tracker boat. I am gifting it to my son. It is a project to work on with my grandson (14). It has been stored outside for a few (3) years under various tarps. Seats, carpet and maybe some wiring (mice) will be replaced but it ran before it was stored. They plan to drain the fluids and crank her up this weekend. This boat has the original 50 hp motor that has an oil reservoir for the mix part. They have been looking on You Tube quite a bit but thought I might ask for some input from the experienced boaters here. Thanks in advance.

TX300mag

Mine is a 1992 tracker and has sat for years at a time on more than one occasion. I got rid of the oil reservoir and mix the fuel on the advice of one of the mechanics that worked on it for me after it sat up. All the fuel lines got replaced, especially since I ran ethanol gas. The gas tank came out and was thoroughly cleaned.

JBell

Don't assume it's gonna be right, right away. I bought a project boat and a year later, still tweaking. But we are down to the $20-$50 items that replacing is just a good idea.

Latest posts