Springfield XD has anyone..........

Marshal Dillon

Has anyone shot or bought one of the new Springfield XD pistols? My son JD and I are looking at them, I'm thinking of buying me a 45acp and he's looking at the 40.

Any opinions or thoughts on them?

Trapper John

It's a good pistol. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the gap between the frame and the slide. Just a little too wide. I kept getting fuzz and stuff in there. I'm not sure if this has changed with the newer models.

Most people who can't shoot Glocks due to the grip angle prefer the XD.

Tiny

Have looked at them,cant decide which one I want to go with yet.You may already know this but some of them 9mm & 40 have a free tactical light with them.

bcunnin1

My only problem with the XD was how if you do not hold it right, and you break your wrist they have a tendency to not cycle. But also I only shot my friends that he got, and I think he has learned not to do that and is happy with his. Personally I like Sigs.

bcunnin1

Of all 3(glocks Sigs and the XD) it was the most accurate. I have never had a jam with it and shot some really really bad ammo out of it. It does not have the safety features of the XD it has no saftey except do not pull the trigger, which is something I like for self defense. And I wanted a double action pistol which is what it is. Those along with it fit my hand the best and I liked it visually the most is why I went with it. I would see which one you liked the best of those 3. If you were closer I would meet you at a range to shoot it. Go try one out that the best thing you can do.

PS if you like sigs, PM Model70Man he owns a few and knows more about them than me. As do most people on this forum actually..

big jim

The XD is an exceptional value. The safety features are described as passive... you simply hold it in your hand and fire. As a DAO pistol (with a single action trigger) it is a point and shoot proposition, with no decockers, hammers, manual safety's, etc.

It is very much like the Glock pistols, except that it can not be discharged unless you have the grip safety engaged (hold it properly) and pull the trigger. It shares the barrel lock up and take down lever of the sig and the grip angle and grip safety of the 1911.

I own both a sig and an XD subcompact. I carry the XD daily as it weighs 1/2 1b less than my sig and still performs flawlessly.
As far as accuracy, both are capable of more than adequate combat accuracy and will shoot better than most people can shoot them.

Kimberman

I have a 40 cal XD 2 tone that I got about 3 months ago. I have put about 400 rounds through it without a hiccup. The accuracy is better than any Glock I have shot, but not quite as good as my Sigs. The more I shoot the XD the more I like it.

skynimrod

would you go with the 4" or 5" compact
I cant decide
my carry is SW j scandium frame 357/38
looking at those 2 for a good shooter and sometimes carry

Latest posts