Spinning reel

gun nut

I'm in the market for a new spinning reel I've narrowed it down to a Shimano vanford,stradic,or daiwa tatula any input on these 3

sll

My boys have bought about 6-7 of the Tatulas this year. They are smooth and light......if you don't mind dropping $200 on one.

Sam Davis

As Spurhunter said Pfleuger president is good. Daiwa tatula sv TW bait casters are the bomb. If there spinning reels are as good you will have a good reel. I mainly use Garcia Revo & Pfleuger spinning reels.

Headhunter

I have started using Kastking speed demons. So far, tough as nails, best drags on a reel I have used and fast retrieve. I have one or two of them. The casting reels are ok, but not sure about durability. Pic is old, I have several more of the spinning reels, they have not had one issue.

Attachments

• katking reels.jpg
    katking reels.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 41

NumberOne

You are on the right track with Shimano and Daiwa. I wouldn't look at any other company especially when it comes to spinning reels. I'd go with the Stradic. Such a great track record. Great reel.

TNReb

I have Shimano Stradics & Vanfords, and Daiwa Tatulas.

When it comes to casting reels, I'm a Shimano fan.

When it comes to spinning reels, I prefer the Daiwa Tatulas. They just "feel better" to me. There's certainly nothing wrong with the Stradic or Vanford. Between these 3, it really comes down to personal preferences & feel.

killingtime 41

I've got expensive rods and reels and cheap ones from Walmart. And I catch just as many if not more with not the cheapest but a step up from that. Guess the fish only the bait in front of them not what rod is attached to it. Even though quality tackle is much nicer to use.

Crow Terminator

I have 2 Tatulas. But...in my opinion, the Daiwa Fuego is just as smooth for less $. I got my Tatulas after using the Fuegos....my thought was "Wow if the Fuego is this smooth, I bet the Tatulas are even better". Meh...not so much. Daiwa is hard to beat. There's nothing wrong with Pflueger: that's what I used before going to the Daiwas. The only reels I have had trouble with are Lews and Abu Garcia.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Pflueger quality control ain't what it used to me, I'm sorry to say. I've heard it from tons of people who used to swear by them. So I wouldn't buy one new. But if you do, get the plain President, not the XT model—that one the handle with BREAK on you!!!!

Can't speak to the models you're looking at from experience, since my budget maxed out at the Daiwa Exceler or Bass Pro Carbonlite last time I bought a spinning reel. Been very happy with both.

Sam Davis

I have 2 Tatulas. But...in my opinion, the Daiwa Fuego is just as smooth for less $. I got my Tatulas after using the Fuegos....my thought was "Wow if the Fuego is this smooth, I bet the Tatulas are even better". Meh...not so much. Daiwa is hard to beat. There's nothing wrong with Pflueger: that's what I used before going to the Daiwas. The only reels I have had trouble with are Lews and Abu Garcia.
Hate to hear you have had trouble with Garcia spinning reels. What issue have you had? I have several revo spinning reels and they have been flawless for years.
As far as bait casters Daiwa tatula Sv TW is my favorite . They work great on light crank baits.

Crow Terminator

I was just speaking for reel brands in general. Lews, I've had spinning and baitcasting reels break internally. Abu Garcia has just been the baitcasting reels. Specifically the newer versions of their round reels for catfish/striper fishing. Once they stopped making them in Sweden, their quality tanked.

Latest posts